Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Shields Visual Improvement

Hauteclere

Sorry if this has already been suggested, I didn't see it on the search~....buuut..

It'd be nice if, when a player is low on shields, and/or actually loses all of their shields,  there were a better graphical representation of shield loss.  Seeing as this is a co-op game it seems necessary beyond simply just Mag being able to sheild polarize a player or even Trinity being able to tactically use heal on enemies that the weakened team-mate is fighting. After all in a defense situation most can agree that it'd be nice to be able to have a 'at a glance' idea of how their team mates are doing without having to take their eyes off of whatever they're attacking for a second.

My suggestion here is to have a more pronounced indication of the shields being dangerously low/completely gone by having a red aura come about them---at first maybe flashing, and then, when the shields actually break, stable until the shields kick back in and fully heal. For which you can use the usual indication that your shields are back visibly.

If that's too much of a visual clutter I have another idea that can also double as a decent replacement for the toggling Z-health and shield bar.

Perhaps there could be a 'floor marker' under your teammates that's in something of an oval pattern. You can have the colors red and blue in a singular ring like a kind of hoop-like ying-yang and the values of their health and shields on their respective place. Like the current visual aid, this can also be toggle-able...and frankly more visually pleasing. 

Either way when health or shields are low the team member in peril might have a symbol indicator, much like the one for when a comrade has fallen, that specifically indicates that they need help so that team members can already be on their way rather than having to wait for someone to outright die.  Their form will also radiate this barely subtle red aura that'll make them generally easier to see no matter where they are when you're facing them. (The indicator will disappear when your screen is focused on the player, unlike the fallen player indicator.)

If these ideas don't work there could also be a 'panic' button of sorts, that'll allow players to flag their team that they're having difficulties. One that has no reason to be spammed for the sake of everyone's nerves, of course. We have a way point, so I imagine having a 'Help! I'm being zerged by level 82 corpus crewmen!' button could be just as viable.

I figure something like this can draw even public parties closer to acting as team mates (Not to mention set a greater standard for party manner.)

Think if you Tap Z you'll see who has what shields and how much they have it at, kinda annoying its over the chat box but I use it to figure out which person I have to keep an eye. Like a starter frame in a boss fight.

Oh I know its there, I just don't really like how it functions/looks. Hence my suggestions.  Not to mention I gotta say, in the heat of battle the last thing I'm going to be thinking about is toggling a big ugly grey box to see who's dying.

I feel like the indicators should be more naturally fitted with the idea that combat is going to be intense and as such assist you in noticing sooner with little effort.

Edit : I apologize I missed what you were actually saying. 

While it is a good idea to check after players ahead of time to see who you need to keep an eye on, its also not something you're always going to be at liberty to do. This function, as stated before, is more designed for the heat of the moment, rather than the calm before the storm.

Edited by Hauteclere