Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Tests

(PSN)Medic-Egon

Question

Right, so I do have some questions about mastery test. Namely why is there a 24 hour cool down? I can almost understand the mastery tests as a method to slow player progress however the 24 hour cool down seems a bit too obstructive for a game designed around grinding. Essentially it's an artificial gate there to prevent you from progressing to certain more powerful items however it feels more like a punishment than a part of the game mechanic in its current form and largely removes some of the desire to continue the grind. Is this feature working as intended or is this something they are looking at? 

3 answers to this question

Without the cooldown those test would me much more frustrated and really meaningless. You would just try over and over until that one lucky hit despite using very sub-optimal frame and weapons. With the cooldown you have to at least stop and think what frame and weapons would be the best and practice until you can reliably pass it.

*Note: discussion whenever the tests actually prove anything is out of scope. I personally treat them as most other missions that you just do once to unlock a node and that's it.