The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

sortie tokens: good for us, a shot in the foot for DE

(PSN)mr_chainsaw555

5 hours ago, (PS4)mr_chainsaw555 said:

...while you may think this sounds good on paper, this is quite a short-sighted suggestion disguised as a request for instant gratification, my reasoning for this is:

1. nothing but rivens would be worth buying (unless your that one hipster who's gonna buy endo, which tbh you really should be running hieracon instead)

2. while people have requested for this Chuck E. Sortie's to stock arcanes and other rewards of it's ilk, this would ultimately result in the quick and full abandonment of the trials due how easy sorties are to run in comparison to trials

3. once people realize a new weapon's coming out, everyone would stock up on as many tokens as possible and swarm to this Chuck E. Sortie's to buy as many rivens as they can carry, and keep unveiling them until they get a riven for this weapon, diluting the purpose of rivens significantly, while a cap on tokens has been pitched, as the orginal iteration of the 100 void trace cap has proven, people don't like small caps on currencies 

4.*insert power-creep meme here*

5. once people either get rivens for what they want/need, Chuck E. Sortie's would immediately outlive it's usefullness, leaving people to abandon it fairly quickly...

I disagree.  To address your bullet-points:

1. I would certainly buy forma, endo, catalysts, and/or reactors if I need at any given time.  I haven't actively farmed anything since they trashed the void, so I don't have a ton of forma like some other players (I doubt I'm the only person).  I typically buy forma 3 packs with plat.  It would be nice to be given some choice over loot rewards instead of constantly being put at the mercy of RNG.

2. Then [DE] needs to make trials more fun and rewarding.

3. The official purpose of riven mods, according to [DE], is to breathe new life into less-used weapons and possibly bring them up to par with "meta" weapons.  A person stockpiling rivens to get one for their favorite weapon would not dilute [DE]'s stated purpose at all.  TIN FOIL HAT TIME!: Now...If [DE]'s true, unstated purpose for riven mods is to get people to buy them from other players for extremely large amounts of plat, then I agree that a token system would hurt the "purpose" of rivens.

4. [DE]'s stated purpose for rivens is to make less used weapons more viable.  Power-creep has nothing to do with it.

5. Tons of people have already abandoned sorties.  I'm getting close to my breaking point as well because for the last few weeks all I've gotten are 2k endo, 3 nitain, an exilus blueprint, and useless lenses.