Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma build and help

DageWasTaken

Question

I just got Chroma out of the Foundry, I'm a sucker for Dragons and Chroma looks like an absolute beast.

What effective builds are there for each of his element (I want to play around, but I learned his Ice Element is the strongest one). Also is there an Effigiy build for Chroma? For credit farming on defense missions.

Also, I'm quite confused about his abilities;

1) When Vex times out, do I also lose the buffs I've accumulated?

2) What procs Effigy to use its AoE stun ability?

3) If I use Elemental Ward and Vex armor then use Effigy, does the Effiigy also have the buff?

Thank you, fellow Tenno!

EDIT: I'm willing to dump a whole slew of forma for Chroma. 

Edited by DageWasTaken

2 answers to this question

Hooo boy. Chroma questions are best questions.

17 minutes ago, DageWasTaken said:

1) When Vex times out, do I also lose the buffs I've accumulated?

Yes. You have to recast and rebuild the buffs every time the timer runs out.

2) What procs Effigy to use its AoE stun ability?

It has a cooldown, but it should be every 20-30 seconds in a 30-meter radius.

3) If I use Elemental Ward and Vex armor then use Effigy, does the Effiigy also have the buff?

Not to my knowledge, but if you build Effigy for strength, it wouldn't need the buff anyways. 

I learned his Ice Element is the strongest one)

This is a fallacy, and a common misconception. Ice provides the most armor, true, but it's not the best one for everybody. My personal favorite is Fire because it can heal you. Electric is also fun because it augments your damage and f*cks up anyone who gets too close. Toxin pairs well with Tigris and the like, since it can greatly boost your reload speed and gives you a toxic AoE (not very powerful, but it does do damage). You SHOULD play around with the element, though builds are pretty much universal. Stack armor and HP with Duration and Strength. Try to keep out of the negative for Efficiency, solely because you'll have to recast a good bit. Range is a dump stat, though I like to keep it closer to 80% if I can because I like to run electric Chroma sometimes and he needs range to work as intended.

Other than that, not much to it. Duration, strength, normal-ish efficiency, and dump range if you need to. 

EDIT:

yes, there is an Effigy build, and it's just like any other maximum efficiency build -  40% duration and both efficiency mods (Fleeting expertise and Streamline are required for it to work). If you want to add more strength than just Intensify, you need to add Transient because if you mess up the efficiency, it screws with the energy drain, and to counter the duration loss you need a Continuity (Primed, if possible)

Edited by TrickshotMcGee