Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

does 2 factor authentication gets disabled when you change email? and if it still remains how do i disable it ?

liljimmy

Question

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, AhmadIvu said:

You gotta disable it first, and to do that you have to go to the account management tab onto the Warframe.com site after successful log in. After entering the tab simply untick the option for TFA and save.

oh so i have to disable it before changing email ?

Edited by liljimmy

11 minutes ago, liljimmy said:

oh so i have to disable it before changing email ?

Absolutely correct and then you can contact support to change the e-mail if you have to. Having TFA active contacting support will derail the process as they will ask for so many questions to verify and even say that they cant cause the account is TFA active. So, it's the safest move to deactivate it first then go for the change. Good Luck.

5 minutes ago, AhmadIvu said:

Absolutely correct and then you can contact support to change the e-mail if you have to. Having TFA active contacting support will derail the process as they will ask for so many questions to verify and even say that they cant cause the account is TFA active. So, it's the safest move to deactivate it first then go for the change. Good Luck.

erm i dont see a box for me to tick it says ' Enable Two-Factor Authentication: Already Enabled

14 minutes ago, liljimmy said:

erm i dont see a box for me to tick it says ' Enable Two-Factor Authentication: Already Enabled

If it is not then how do you know that its on and annoying? Under account management tab you should be able to see if its active or not and change accordingly.

What you gotta do now is submit a ticket to warframe support requesting them to deactivate it for you as the untick option is no longer available and you have to provide all the available and necessary evidences related to your account authenticity and the support team will disable the function for you.

Edited by AhmadIvu

9 minutes ago, AhmadIvu said:

If it is not then how do you know that its on and annoying? Under account management tab you should be able to see if its active or not and change accordingly.

What you gotta do now is submit a ticket to warframe support requesting them to deactivate it for you as the untick option is no longer available and you have provide all the available and necessary evidences related to your account authenticity and the support team will disable the function for you.

i see thanks :D