Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested wildlife while playing Nidus?

Btabc

Question

This is my question.... does Nidus infest wildlife once we get enough "stacks"?  Or is this another "passive" thing?

I noticed today, while running a exterminate mission on mars, that one of the desert skates had infestation all over it.  I took several screenshots, but this is the "clearest" I was able to get.  My computer started to lag and the skate stayed under the sand during that time.  I also noticed that the skate did not really attack me, but I don't know if this was a visual bug because of my computer lagging or not?

db7wFan.png

You can see the infestation wrapping around the skates body and when he reared up to attack a Grineer there were even those bulbous red and black sacs on the underbelly as well.  

I know that Nidus infects other warframes (over time), but what about wildlife?  Was this just a glitch or does this happen often?  

BTW I've had Nidus for about 36 hours (so I've just gotten the infestation on his neck to appear).  Perhaps this has something to do with that?  I don't know if the neck infestation gets bigger or not, but I'm interested to see what happens if it does?

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Hemmo67 said:

that looks like the skin that is given to targets of symbiotic link

buuuuut there is nobody linked it it o_o

great if this keeps up we will have another jordas in our hands soon - . -

Yeah I know!!!!  I haven't used Nidus's third ability yet so I'm still at a standstill on HOW this occurred haha.  Perhaps this is something that we have to do to "feed" the chair in our lisets?!  Oh well.... still is a mystery to me!.

3 hours ago, xXxJUGGERNAUTxXx said:

I do not think that is a glitch because sometimes enemies get that too but they attack you anyways.

Hide contents

And yeah the cyst gets bigger, when he was released, you were able to see the cyst on its maximum size

Hmm, then this is interesting!  I'll have to experiment with other wildlife... since there are only a few different species of wildlife in-game haha.  

So the cyst DOES get bigger.... great.... time to spread the love!!!!!!!  TY for the answer on the cyst!  Now I wonder if it does the same thing on the other frames as well?