Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Extermination Mission Bug

famallama

Possible Solution:

I did a bit of testing, I believe the bug could be related to the weapons we are using. Why? I'm not sure but I did 3 extermination mission back to back with a bow weapon (Dread) and all 3 times I was not able to complete the mission with 1 target left. When I switched my weapon to a different one (Not another bow) I was able to get through it without problem. I did another extermination mission not long after with my bow again (Dread), and came accross the bug once again. Again I switched my weapon to another one (Not bow) and gave it a try again, and for some reason I had no trouble completeing it.

If someone could test this as well and comfirm for me that would be great

I've had the bug both occur and not occur using the exact same loadout (Loki, Paris, Lex, Kogake), so I doubt it's caused by a specific weapon.

Bug seems to be caused by enemies spawning outside map. When it happened last time I noticed 1 enemy on radar outside map. No way to reach him > failure. But it's not happening all the time, with low number to kill ( < 50)  there is a good chance that bug won't appear, but with count around 100 it's almost certain to appear.

I've had to quit three Exterminate missions in a row in different locations.  I've got the Enemy Radar equipped.  And!  For some reason on the last one I had to abort I didn't get any of the Mod/Upgrades - I missed out on getting the Cryo Round mod for the Rifle.  It's the first time I've seen it, too :(

Hey everyone,

we are ware that you are encountering some issues with being able to complete Extermination missions successfully at the moment. Rest assured that we are looking into what is going on. We have a couple of leads already and expect this to be fixed "soon©®™". I'll keep you updated.

soooo tired of killing everything then it saying 1 enemy remaining had a friend get frustrated and just uninstalled after we ran the same place 3 times and it happened everytime... I understand it is beta, but the game is already lacking quite a bit of content to keep people interested for long it's a half finished game with loads of game breaking bugs.. Get to work ppl.

Hey everyone,

we are ware that you are encountering some issues with being able to complete Extermination missions successfully at the moment. Rest assured that we are looking into what is going on. We have a couple of leads already and expect this to be fixed "soon©®™". I'll keep you updated.

Much appreciated, fixing it faster will be even more appreciated.

Fixed. There will be a hotfix coming out very shortly. Thanks for your patience guys.

Ok that is pretty impressive i'm not too sure how long this bug has been going on, but you guys jumped all over and fixed it. Great job.

Fixed. There will be a hotfix coming out very shortly. Thanks for your patience guys.

Is there any reason why you don't share the technical details for bugs/fixes with the beta community?

I ask because, well, we are technically supposed to be beta testing.  I get that this isn't a classic beta test, and that its more or less a live game with a functioning economy (you make money off the game) and so you have to keep some things close-hold... however some of us are trying to actually understand how things happen in the engine for the purpose of troubleshooting, not exploiting.

This is a good example.  If we knew how the bug was introduced (when would be good too), how it affected this mission type, and what the (non-specific data) solution was... it will help us to understand what rugs to look under for other bugs.  I have video of shrinking heavies (ancients/heavy gunners) and spots on maps where weapons have odd behavior, but I'm reluctant to share them because I don't feel like I'm part of the process.  I'm just playing the game and you're fixing things as you go with no sense of communal interaction beyond "we're upset we cant get our daily bannana chips"/"bannana chip dispenser re-enabled".

Did an exterminate on Jupiter trying to Clear the system but alas 1 mob left and i think its in OUTERSPACE waypoint was pointing me to the mob but when i reach it... it jumps out of range. :(

Edited by Ber5erker

• 1 month later...

Thought this was fixed, but just had the issue on Puck. Was an infested exterminate, turned into Grineer. So now I have one enemy left, not on map, and map guide directing me to extraction.  I'm playing solo, so can't change host.

I've just re-tried after a hotfix the Shklovsky mission. Solo.

1 of the grineer was shooting from inside of a platform - one with an alarm switch on top of it. I couldn't shoot it, but it could damage me with his regular gun fire. His missiles or grenades - no idea what kind of unit it's been - couldn't leave the object.

I've continued on.. and eventually the mission's progress tracker - the one usually pointing towards the closest enemy - got messed up and was making me return to a tunnel, 'cos I assume the path finding got messed up.

Edit: By this pointonly the bugged unit remained

Never mind that...

I've returned to the stuck unit hoping that it got 'unstuck' by the time, but it was no longer there.

I've had the enemy radar equipped, so I'm absolutely sure.

My theory is that enemy units can sometimes end up inside walls and objects and if no player has them tracket - by proximity - they'll just fall down - unlimited - without dying. This would explain the path finding issue and why enemy radar couldn't find the bugged unit I knew about already.

I sincearly hope this info will help fixing it, 'cos I had to abondon this mission 2 times in a row - about 1 hour wasted - already.

Cheers!

Edited by samok79