Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Tipe Of Mission?

Jmurko

Hello to everyone involved in warframe, players and developers alike.

I have a few ideas how to spice things up.

I will start with the things i like (some of them, couse they are so many)

- I love that there are so many warframes and that they invite different gameplay/roles.

- so many weapons - so many ways to kill enemies, and so many ways to customize your warframe.

- we have clans we have teamplay.

My idea is lets use that and do something more. Nope, i won't say make 50 more warframes and 1250 weapons. These are fine as they are and the steady income of new weapons and frames is perfect.

While I play i notice a few things.

- while the frames are totally different many players use just their weapons

- if there are 4 players on a mission and 1 of them is strong enough - al goes well - there can be success without any teamplay

- there is no way to compete with others.

Now I know that all tenno are friends, but who said we have to kill each other???

So I have this  idea. We can compete in missions. The way things are rigt now we have 1 objective and 1 team to do it. How to improve:

- We have 2 objectives and 2 teams (2x2 or other configuration) for exapmle - we need to kill a boss but you cant just go tere killing every minion on the way. You need to do things on 2 different paths so all can reach (or just one team). Imajine 2 paths, i envision them as 2 bridges, and they have different tasks. if the 2 teams do those task - they reach the boss and fight it. There can be things such as ... if you use a console on one path it helps the other team on the other path in some way (this may be optonal or just useful depending on the design on the level). At the boss stage there can be so many things to do. For example - one team is deffending a console ot something (like mobile deffense) and if the enyme catches the console the boss gets some buff or even immune. This way teamplay will improve greatly. Here the warframe will be important to make a good team (or not?)

- what about competition? Use te same framework and make that the 2 teams use consoles to make the other teams life harder in some way. The team that gets to the goal first wins (the other team has 1 min to complete and get some smaller reward or if they fail to do so - get no reward at all or just a small one)

Now add time limit to one of those two and you get a really hard mission, but you will be on top of the world when you finish it :)

Use those ideas if you think they can make the game better or don't. In my point of view the players got used to the missons and they want something more epic, something that allows us to use all our skill and something to brag about (i completed that realy hard mission and got *** (you think of the rewards))

One more thought on competition. A sort of record board can be used. For exapmle. Your best time score (i will say some more on the topic of score a little later) of the day goes in the record board, where all who have completed the mission that day have their records as well. At the end of the day the one with the best score gets the reward (potato! :P) The next day everything starts again. It is simple and it does not force you to play all day, but if you do - hey, you ave a better chance. Your teammates will be important too - people will start searching for more friends/ better clans and such.

SCORE - time is not good - volts will always win :D  But combinaton of time, kills, headshots (?), secondary objectives and maybe more things can be used to make things complex and interesting. Otherwise why put so much work in something that theplayers would just run trough :(.  there could be different score for main weapon kills, pistol kills, melee kills, and why not power kills (trinity won't do much here :( ).

I hope you wernt bored reading this. I gave it my all. Even if you don't use my ideas - you people are doing a good job! Keep up the good work! :)

Best regards, a tenno for life :)

Edited by Jmurko