Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vay Hek Is Broken. De Please Fix.

Lukap99

Solution to Hek: don't fight him unless you have the gear for it.

The thing is you don't know until you fight him. Today I ran him and was one-shotting every enemy in the level up until him, when I got to him I popped 2 ammo boxes just to kill him.

He doesn't pose a threat at all, he just runs and hides, which shows character, but even so he shouldn't have intantly regenerating shields. As a general rule the current bosses need to be made less tanky and more threatening. Hek is just the worst example in the game because the only threat I feel like he poses is soaking up every single shot I have stored up.

As for "get better gear" or "team up on him", these aren't solutions. Every other boss is soloable, and using high end gear on a low-mid level boss is silly, especially coupled with the fact that literally all he does is take too many shots to kill and hide.

Edit: Oh you also need to kill him to unlock Mars and Saturn now, so, yeah, he needs to be less ridiculous but that's all because of the whacked progression on account of the map change.

Edited by TheHeraldXII

Everyone keep in mind, that Hek has yet to see his revamp. It's fairly useless to complain about him unless some patch literally makes him unkillable between now and then.

Well, I guess you're right. And besides, veteran players will keep coming back to Hek for neurodes, so new players shouldn't have to worry too much. I think that makes this thread closed now. See you later people.

Hek is tough. But that's it, really.

Stay in melee range and pepper him with charged attacks from a properly modded, strong melee weapon. It helps to have a sentinel, because the sentinel can attack Hek while you're doing so, keeping his shields from regenerating too fast.
Circle around him while you attack at close range. You'll take more damage if he hits you, but he'll miss more often, allowing your shields to regenerate.

Really that's all there's to it. I solo him with Excalibur, Ash and Rhino this way all the time, and I'm not even a really good player. In fact my PC has below-minimum-required specs, so I have to deal with framerate issues too. XD
You'll get him, eventually. :)

Like all grind/farm games....boss too tough, go grind and come back later. Mods balance the difficulty scale. The missions also have suggested levels that actually are very good in gauging where your survival stands. Each boss has certain traits that can make for really good team cohesion/strategy.

Hek- Equip cryo rounds, faster rate of fire, elec mods, some mix of that order and use the large arsenal available to us. Also take turns shooting, to keep him distracted. Players running up and holding down full auto deserved to have a tough time.

A player bringing a poorly modded Paris to fight Hek........you deserved to have a struggle. Don't want to give up you primary? Ok, equip a secondary for the occasion.

The problem here is really just the first one, and it's also the problem with most other bosses. Boss fights should be difficult because they can kill you, not because you don't have an actual chance of killing them if you didn't come with a big enough gun. That just reduces the action part of the game and replaces it with the shin kicking contest known as MMORPG gameplay, whoever brings the bigger shoe wins. In fact, this game is turning into a grinding MMORPG with boring cover based shooting tacked on, less and less focus is given to actually making this game fun and action filled. But I digress.

The problem of bosses not being solo-able because they can regenerate shields before players can take them down, and because they can take all of the bullets player can have and not die should be solved. There should be some sort of replenishable source of ammo in every boss-fight, and shields should not regenerate. I know that the second part makes already useless Mag even worse, but hey, she needs a big rework anyway. They can find some other way to make her useful while they're working on her.

Edited by Ripentear

Hmm, now that I think of it, his shotgun should have damage falloff, and I don't think it does ಠ_ಠ

Damage fall off?

His Hek scales well to the Hek's base stats. A player with a modded Hek compared to a base Hek, big difference. So his shotgun is closer to normal damage.

Unless thats not what you meant by "fall off". But the hek is a very powerful weapon, which is why players shouldn't press him unless they are well modded, prepared to stun or want to die faster.