Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking to improve

Snakybastard

Question

Hi,

I have been playing on and off for about 3 years but I recently decided to play a lot more.

My current setup/inventory:

Mastery Rank 3
Excalibur (30)
Boltor (22)
Furis (21)
Heat Sword (22)
Wyrm (24)
Laser Rifle (30)

Also have Lato Vandal (12) and Cronus (25) that I'm going to get to 30 at some point.

I also have an Orokin Reactor and an Exilus Adapter.

The Wyrm was purchased with Platinum a while back.

I have the blueprints of Fragor and Ether Daggers.

A few questions:

Is it a good idea to use the Orokin Reactor and the Exilus Adapter on my Excalibur?

I'm considering building Dual Ether. Do Dual Swords work with Excalibur's passive?

What can I do to improve the low damage of the Wyrm? Its main use is pretty much to attract loot.
Thinking of building a Dethcube to replace it. Or at least, swap weapons.

Which primary weapon should I get?

Thanks for the suggestions!

6 answers to this question

Most of the equipment that you have listed is passable but no longer truly competitive. You can have a lot of fun with it, but I assume your intention is to become well-kitted with top of the line equipment. In order to get there, you need to set yourself a number of goals spread over milestones or power spikes as you increase your Mastery Rank by leveling anything - essentially mastery fodder items which are valueless otherwise and will be discarded.

• Melee - First of all, we're going to get the Broken-War. You can do the quest 'The Second Dream' at mastery 3, which will reward an excellent melee weapon while you are leveling to acquire probably a Galatine Prime at MR13. In the meantime, you can build the Nikana Prime if you would like a slash/crit powerhouse, but it is largely a sidegrade and the Broken-War will serve you well until the eventual acquisition of the Galatine Prime.
  • Primary - Your first big-ticket purchase is going to be at either MR 4 or 5. At 4, you can get the Ignis, which is a persistent fire status weapon which can decimate swathes of enemies and does decent single target damage too. Properly modded, it will carry you through most content and it will remain part of your repertoire even after you have access to all weapons. Next is the Amprex at MR 5, which is the crit equivalent of the Ignis, being similarly persistent fire, but requiring very different mods. This is largely the same in that it fulfils a similar role in a different way. You can build both or you can choose, but both are excellent weapons and well worth keeping. Next up at MR 5 is the Tonkor, which is an excellent grenade launcher and stays relevant late game, dealing immense damage against clusters of enemies. Its niche is more narrow than that of the Ignis or the Amprex, but it is an essential item late game unless you prefer to build one of its slightly weaker alternatives. After you have these, I recommend that you set your sights on the Syndicate weapons at MR 12. They offer a great deal of variety, but some notable ones are the Rakta Cernos, the Sancti Tigris, the Vaykor Marelok and the Synoid Simulor. These are all very different albeit incredibly powerful primaries that are worth buying with plat or farming through Syndicate standing. The Secura Lecta deserves a further mention, because it increases your credit yield from killing things greatly, so you might want to get your hands on it, but it's a melee weapon and not essential, just a brief mention.
  • Secondary - For the secondary, I recommend you set your sights on Akstiletto Prime at MR 5, as most other secondaries offer the very same - good damage - or are niche. This will serve you well and is definitely a keeper later on too. 
  • Warframe - You need two frames - one for clearing content in a group and one for solo play. If you want to be invited easily to a group, you can play frost, a buffer frame, such as Roar Rhino or an EV Trinity. They are all popular and you won't have much difficulty finding groups. As for your solo frame, there are numerous equally good candidates. Valkyr, Inaros, Mesa and Zephyr are all really good at it. Valkyr, Zephyr and Inaros are easy enough to obtain, but Mesa is a nightmare unless you buy her with plat. Zephyr and Mesa are built around gunplay and can negate most of the incoming projectile damage, allowing you to engage in safe gunplay at really high levels. Valkyr and Inaros are best played with a build built around health sustain with Rage and Life Steal. These frames are your tanks.

That's about it for now. If you have any questions, let us know in the thread.

I like the previous poster's broken war suggestion.  I would get Rhino and Frost as well.  Between the two of them you can clear most of the star chart.  I recommend the Hek at level 4.  It's easy to acquire and there are a ton of grest shotgun mods for damage, multishot, and puncture.  It's a great boss killer and with some modding can be used in the game's toughest content.

Speaking of mods, make sure you are leveling yours up.  Start with your basic health armor, and shield mods (Vitality, Redirection, Steel Fiber) and weapon damage (Serration, Hornet Strike, Point Blank, and Pressure point) and put four or five ranks into each, more if you can afford it.  If you or your companion aren't dealing damage or dying too quickly, underleveled mods are probably to blame.

Thanks for the answers!

I figured I was pretty much outdated.

I started to build the Fragor.

So far I have reached Phobos.

I already acquired Rhino systems blueprints. I will look for the rest and for Frost.

I usually play solo except when I want to do Lith fissures and some alerts.

What would be the best way to level up my mastery fodder items? Join groups for fissure missions?

9 minutes ago, Snakybastard said:

Thanks for the answers!

I figured I was pretty much outdated.

I started to build the Fragor.

So far I have reached Phobos.

I already acquired Rhino systems blueprints. I will look for the rest and for Frost.

I usually play solo except when I want to do Lith fissures and some alerts.

What would be the best way to level up my mastery fodder items? Join groups for fissure missions?

Berehynia allows you to level things effortlessly and quickly, but it requires that you bring either a dps, buffer or an EV Trinity. You need to be pretty well-kitted for most of these, in terms of frame mods, or join as a leecher, but the contenders are numerous and it's a bit of an uncertain thing.

The other option is to join public Akkad runs. They yield good affinity for the effort and good credits on the side, if you leave after every 5 waves, rather than stick around.

I would recommend Akkad, for now. Once you get your Rhino a bit more beefy and put together a Roar buffer build, you can start leveling things in Berehynia much faster.

On 1/5/2017 at 9:13 AM, Snakybastard said:

Is it a good idea to use the Orokin Reactor and the Exilus Adapter on my Excalibur?

I'm considering building Dual Ether. Do Dual Swords work with Excalibur's passive?

What can I do to improve the low damage of the Wyrm? Its main use is pretty much to attract loot.
Thinking of building a Dethcube to replace it. Or at least, swap weapons.

Which primary weapon should I get?

1) "Yes," for the Orokin Reactor, "maybe" for the Exilus Adapter. Excalibur is a 'Frame that can carry you all the way to end game and has multiple builds and play styles to keep things interesting.

2) Yes

3) Sentinels aren't meant to be a form of reliable damage source. They are more for their various utilities, and possible a means to apply status effects (Viral and Radiation are two good options). Wyrm itself has a decent AOE stun, plus Cold aura with the Coolant Leak mod, both synergize well with Excalibur's melee-based abilities.

4) Any and all. Thanks to Riven Mods, all weapons have the potential to be powerhouses.

5) Ayatan Sculptures are either used as ship decorations or to be traded in for Endo. As a new-ish Tenno, I'd advise turning them in for the Endo--after completing them with Ayatan Stars of course.