Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need A Material Sink

DigitalDamage

So just like the title says, I think we need some sort of material sink. By this I mean we need some sort of Blueprint that takes A LOT of materials to make, the method I propose of getting rid of excess material is by having some sort of aesthetic upgrade to weapons we can already make.

What I mean by this is instead of only having 1 Scindo blueprint there'll be 2; the normal scindo and the "Aesthetic Scindo", something simple, like maybe just a re-skin to make it Golden Scindo. These two weapons have identical stats, the only difference is the look. This would let people who love the Scindo make a statement that they... well... love Scindo.

I only say this because I'm literally swimming in materials right now, you name it, I've got at LEAST 50 of it--and those are the rare materials, the common materials i have over 10k of in some cases.

Now I understand that new weapons and warframes will be added so I don't expect this excess of materials to last; however, I still think that maybe having a version of weapons that would serve solely as vanity items would be an interesting feature to have.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by DigitalDamage

Maybe one day :D would be pretty amazing to see that implemented

@TC

why not make inventory slots take ungodly amounts of materials to make alongside these aesthetic items?

lets be able to craft;

warframe skins

weapon skins

aesthetic weapon modifiers

aesthetic accessories

aesthetic effects

inventory slots (100K for normal materials, 50K for rare materials)

@TC

why not make inventory slots take ungodly amounts of materials to make alongside these aesthetic items?

lets be able to craft;

warframe skins

weapon skins

aesthetic accessories

aesthetic effects

Tad bit expensive dont you think? 50k Rubedo = 6 platinum?

@TC

lets be able to craft;

warframe skins

weapon skins

aesthetic accessories

aesthetic effects

I disagree. All those things you listed should be plat only. Devs need money.

+1, give us S#&$loads of aesthetics to sink materials. There's virtually no reason to put some particular limit on number of aesthetic items, and people love them so put part of it in plat shops, and part as blueprints.

Gw2 pulled pretty good end-game content system. You can relatively easily get top gear, but there are tons of vanity stuff for which you have to work much more all over the place.

I'm against inventory slots, but thats another topic.

Edited by Fenrisulfr

I disagree. All those things you listed should be plat only. Devs need money.

i disagree with that. 'basic skins' should be free to obtain and 'complex skins' should take weeks to grind for.

and i did say ungodly amounts of materials - are you saying 100K rubedo is a trifle? or 50K modules? or 50K neural sensors?

credits would be part of that too. millions of credits. millions.

@flight

warframe slots are 20. and it would be of all materials... 100K of all materials that arent gallium/modules/sensors/neurodes/morphics. then 50K for gallium, modules, sensors, neurodes, and morphics.

i disagree with that. 'basic skins' should be free to obtain and 'complex skins' should take weeks to grind for.

and i did say ungodly amounts of materials - are you saying 100K rubedo is a trifle? or 50K modules? or 50K neural sensors?

credits would be part of that too. millions of credits. millions.

@flight

warframe slots are 20. and it would be of all materials... 100K of all materials that arent gallium/modules/sensors/neurodes/morphics. then 50K for gallium, modules, sensors, neurodes, and morphics.

With those sorts of quantities, not even the top players could afford them.

First thing they need to do, once they have the majority of crafting recipes in the game. Is take a look at the combined total of each material needed to craft one of each item in the game, and redo all the recipes to balance out the requirements based on the rarity of each material. Part of what is throwing this off is stuff like the Warframe parts, every single Warframe takes the same materials putting huge emphasis on those and less on the rest of the materials in the game and people stockpiling them from a lack of need for them right now.

Edited by eelektrik

I think skin and aesthetic items should be plat-only since it doesn't affect gameplay.

However, there should be rare/combo mod blueprints on the market with high price (around 100k) and take a lot of component to make. No stat should be shown on screen, the players will know that blueprint is for specific type of weapon/frame and rarity/level. Thus a gamble with RNG god to sink credit/component into something worthwhile.

Other way to handle this problem is crafting/buying consumables. Shield/weapon/armor booster which temporary boost player's stat. Can be directly bought from the market or craft from blueprint for a bundle.