Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Losing Interest, What Do?

TennoSkoom

I'm quite honestly losing interest in this game.

I've been playing since closed beta, i have several hundred hours in-game am mastery rank 10, have every single available warframe and weapon sans some of the dojo weapons (I didn't join warbros), the lato prime and braton vandal (I didn't buy it for 1 credit during open beta weekend) can solo any defense to wave 40+ blah blah blah. I've experienced almost all of what warframe has to offer. I'm not bragging, i'm explaining just how far along I am. Anyone can do it with time, it doesn't make me special.

The thing is, there's not much tying me to warframe anymore. Sure I can get more dojo weapons and hit mastery 11 for that cosmetic mastery rank. But then what? Another wallrun challenge like the last 4 i've done for 7, 8, 9, and 10? And then nothing to do. To spite carrying defenses or helping clanmates level and get the resources and blueprints they need to advance- I'm quickly growing bored with the game. I see the same things over and over and it's becoming tedious. While DE's balancing (or trying to) new content with updates and fixes to keep older players like myself around- it just doesn't seem to be enough. I'm looking forward to update 9's nightmare mode, as maybe that'll give me something to do other than just running defenses to high levels for a challenge. Tier 3 void runs are a walk in the park, level 75 stalkers? Sure no problem.

It's become apparent that to spite the good things DE's doing- like the UI rework that's already looking so much better, work on a new hud, frame reworks (some needed more than others, and some which drastically change the frame's role *cough*rhino*cough*, and some that're perhaps bad (Changes made to mag's pull) i'm finding myself spending less and less time playing warframe and more and more time looking into other games.Especially after the public refusal to implement an unstuck command (I'm quite tired of falling through the map or getting stuck in geometry and losing out on loot and credit rewards several times a day)

The event? No real interest, i've got my 20+ kills for snipetron vandal, which even if i get i won't like because the reload time is unbearably slow with a maxed fast-hands, just like the other snipetron sitting in my inventory, beside the vulkar with the same issue. I could fesibly dedicate my time to farming materials for the dojo alone, as i have been doing, but that also gets old very quickly. doing m. prime runs for ferrite, or saturn runs for plastids, eris runs for nano spores. It gets boring, and then it goes from boring to frustrating with falling through the map and falling endlessly, getting stuck in geometry while wallrunning, getting switch teleported, getting blinded by a friendly ability being used, having my screen shaken by a friendly melee weapon or ability, getting dragged into a teammate's vortex on top of a poision ancient. Do I just spend me time trolling people the same way? That seems as though it'll get boring quite quickly as well. These mechanics are getting worse and if they don't drive away players the lack of anything to do late-game probably will.

Surely there are other players out there that are or have gone through the same thing. What did you do to keep interest in the game short of waiting for the next big update? Warframe has such great potential that i'd hate to just abandon it.