Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding The Frequency And Difficulty Of Lockdown

Nubsawce

Hello.

I would just like to say that recently, it seems, that all enemies are just waiting for their chance to run off to trigger lockdown. I get locked down several times per map on average, with a minimum (usually) of twice, even if I blast away some of the lockdown attempts. I tend to solo so I can't get runners who split to different panels.

I find that, currently, lockdowns make the game easier in the sense that nothing new can enter the fray while i'm clearing out the room. I also find it more annoying than pleasant to hack several times in every (non-infested) map. I think I don't enjoy it because it's more like a chore with the way lockdowns currently work.

If lockdowns lifted after I killed every unit (including extra spawns that come from the lockdown's initiation or something, perhaps, to account for the loss of incoming units), or they at least weren't a constant "threat", I think it would help the game retain some of the speed it used to have.

I guess my complaint boils down to this. Lockdown has become a thing that I find annoying. I always find myself scouting enemies that look like they're running over the ones currently shooting me, letting myself get hit in order to make sure I don't have to go find a panel to hack several more times than I already do. I don't think that's really what you want to happen, nor do I think you want us to just let every possible lockdown happen and end up hacking 10 times every map.

I am writing this to suggest a decrease in frequency and increase in difficulty, in some fashion, to make lockdown something more interesting and less of a chore. Other opinions on the matter are, of course, welcome, so long as they have something to say constructively in the topic.

Yeah I like that idea, Kind of like devil may cry in that sense. +1

Edit*

I'd just like to say that lockdowns should be a cool mini event and when it loses atmosphere because everything gets sucked in to space I'd love to have a load of them come out of somewhere and race against time to tear them up and close the hatch just by killing them.

Although that does kind of get rid off the hacking thing maybe we could just move that to a kind of situation were one person hacks a series of puzzles while the other defend him from a few waves.  

Edited by General-Griffin