Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Proposal) I Want To Strengthen A Bow.

Cosmos0908

I think that the attack of the present bow is very weak. 
Why isn't a bow used although appearance and the method of murder are smart?

I think that the problem is because the bow is not strong. 
It is very wasteful!! XD

WARFRAME forums should solve this problem. 

I am waiting for everybody's various opinions :D

The Paris is pretty strong with full drawn shots and Serration/AP mods. It's all a matter of aiming in my opinion. Thunderbolt is pretty decent for taking out lower level groups of infested and some low-mid range corpus from my experience with both bows. With Dread, it needs Serration/AP mods as well, because without the AP it's fairly useless against any armored enemies. I honestly don't think they need buffs.

こんにちは。

Anyways, I cannot say that the bow weapons are weak, but apparently the slow rate of fire and the charge time renders it pretty underwhelming when getting swarmed by Infested. But damage-wise it is perfectly fine. (DAT Sonar Crits ZOMG)

The problem with paris is it's speed. If it should get a buff, it should be reloading speed or something. It's draw speed doesn't need too much changing I'd say, but it'd help. 

Otherwise it's a fine sniping if you can aim it, and it works wonders for stealth. 

The problem with paris is it's speed. If it should get a buff, it should be reloading speed or something. It's draw speed doesn't need too much changing I'd say, but it'd help. 

Otherwise it's a fine sniping if you can aim it, and it works wonders for stealth. 

^ This.

But seriously, the draw speed for the bow is pathetic, it should be like in the PS4 trailer. The arrow travel speed also needs a buff. Damage-wise all the bows are fine as they are.

こんにちは。

Anyways, I cannot say that the bow weapons are weak, but apparently the slow rate of fire and the charge time renders it pretty underwhelming when getting swarmed by Infested. But damage-wise it is perfectly fine. (DAT Sonar Crits ZOMG)

The bows, like all sniper weapons, are not designed to be your one-man-hero weapon.

Snipers are long range support weapons, they do not do well in close quarters and they do not do well when overwhelmed.

Their niche is extreme single target damage nuke.

If you want something more balanced for close quarters, there are myriads or other weapons out there you can use, including the Braton.

Edited by adamkie

What about multiple arrows per shot? Like an horizontal spread.

While charged attack could remain a single, sniper-like shot.

Never used a bow though, I'm just dropping the idea for the sake of it.

What about multiple arrows per shot? Like an horizontal spread.

While charged attack could remain a single, sniper-like shot.

Never used a bow though, I'm just dropping the idea for the sake of it.

AFAIK more bow specific mods, like spread arrow, have been suggested and picked up on by DE.

So you might see those in the future.

although thats not the purpose of the thread.

The Paris is pretty strong with full drawn shots and Serration/AP mods. It's all a matter of aiming in my opinion. Thunderbolt is pretty decent for taking out lower level groups of infested and some low-mid range corpus from my experience with both bows. With Dread, it needs Serration/AP mods as well, because without the AP it's fairly useless against any armored enemies. I honestly don't think they need buffs.

The Paris needs a buff. It is outclassed by the Dread in every way imaginable. At least give the Paris more base and charge damage and increase the critical damage to 200%.

The new mod Primed Chamber coming out soon makes your first shot in a clip/mag deal bonus damage seems designed completely for Bows. Although I can think of plenty of other weapons that'll appreciate it, Bows will be a lot better off with it.

The Paris needs a buff. It is outclassed by the Dread in every way imaginable. At least give the Paris more base and charge damage and increase the critical damage to 200%.

So basically you can hit the same amount as the dread on any body part............. Are you serious?

Are you aware that the Paris is AI (armor ignoring)?  Which means you don't need to aim with it to do damage, while the dread requires vulnerability hits in order to deal the majority of its damage?  So basically:

Paris - Easy to obtain (market), easy to craft (1 morphic), little to no skill to use (little to no aim truly required)

Dread - Hard to obtain (plat on market or stalker), much harder to craft (5 morphics), and requires skill to kill anything except for a light infested (requires vulnerability shots to keep damage rates up). 

And you want to buff paris... ok...

Edited by lstalri