The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Informer Drone Improvements

Xoxile

If it wasn't for this event I would half the time just pass by these drones. Only distorting my map isn't a whole lot threatening since the only time your map is useful during combat is when you have enemy sense, or enemy radar. I'm not really punished for letting them live. So here's some things I think will help the Grineer defend themselves agaisnt the Tenno.

Make the drones more threatening by adding also a slow shield, and energy drain to any player in it's range.

Give them only one vulnerable spot where you must hit them. They are free kills how they are right now. Needing to one shot them is not enough. I suggest the little yellow bubble on the bottom. Hitting anywhere else will result in no damage, the drone cloaks still in the area and still able to drain shield, and energy. Alongside this add some kind of shielding around the weak spot so trying to hit horizontally would be harder than hitting it from directly under it. See below.

IDWPDiagram.png

I would think more along the lines of: give them a boar, a boar with multishot, and have it constantly, nonstop, fire at a player, even when behind cover. Suppression fire, while it tries to float away. It's not enough to really kill, at least not on the higher level players, but it's enough to stop shield regen, and just scare the crap out of people.

I'm not sure I agree on a weakpoint, need to think on it more.