Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear De, &*$$Genization Is Not A Badword.

adamkie

welcome to the internet. you must be new.

doesn't matter what the net result is. its hard as hell to manage and monitor forums. so perfectly harmless words like homogenized is censored. because its easier than tracking down every last post and reading it to make sure its ok.

people are smart enough to read past it. not that big a deal.

Edited by MetalGerbil

welcome to the internet. you must be new.

doesn't matter what the net result is. its hard as hell to manage and monitor forums. so perfectly harmless words like &*$$genized is censored. because its easier than tracking down every last post and reading it to make sure its ok.

people are smart enough to read past it. not that big a deal.

Hi, please don't patronize me.

It's as easy as setting up an exception for the words. If its not a big deal, then I can expect it getting fixed.

Edited by adamkie

While we are at it, the word "%&^" is not a badword either.

Getting ingame notifications about "religious wars" when i tell someone i "smoked a %&^" is just completely laughable.

Edited by adamkie

Reminds me of a time in another game when we had a song refiltered to "kastraightake girls" in the chatbox.

Whilst I can understand your intent by this, I doubt an exception filter would actually be implemented. Regardless, you have my support. Although I could swear the filters don't apply in Clan or Council.

Just out of curiosity, in which circumstances did you manage to require the word &*$$genization in regional chat? :p

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Reminds me of a time in another game when we had a song refiltered to "kastraightake girls" in the chatbox.

Whilst I can understand your intent by this, I doubt an exception filter would actually be implemented. Regardless, you have my support. Although I could swear the filters don't apply in Clan or Council.

Just out of curiosity, in which circumstances did you manage to require the word &*$$genization in regional chat? :p

I often discuss gameplay mechanics with people in party, but i generally mean the forums here.

Ex. &*$$genizing frames, &*$$genizing abilities, etc.

I had games that censored "behind" these word-filter practices are truly asinine.

Honestly I do not expect a "fix", I am just directing attention towards a ridiculous practice that serves no one.

Edited by adamkie