Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions Post (Because It Hasn't Been Done Already)

Lukap99

Nope... totally hasn't been done already.
Anyway, you know the drill. I update this every now and then when I get new ideas. Add you're own suggestions if you want. Feel free to critisize my ideas, it helps the game.

1. Flashlight - in a game with high tech suits of armor that can deflect bullets.

Flashlights are a bit out of place for Warframes ( For the grineer it makes sense. Corpus are robots, they see in infrared ). I suggest a sort of nightvision.
Ex #1: http://myxboxlive.com/gaming/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Metal-Gear-Rising-Augment-trailer-620x381.jpg
Ex #2: http://www9.pcmag.com/media/images/312615-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-ps3-augment-mode.jpg

Because it's stupid to have nightvision that only allows you to see in the dark, it also grants a flowing outline on thing you can interact with ( with scanlines because those are fun ). Enemies are shown red, mods light blue, exploding containers orange ( with a triangle above them that shows a "!" sign ).Infested are invisable to the nightvision. It also allows envoirmental analasys ( Shows how much C° is when in freezing or fire levels. Adds how much oxygen you have left when you brake the window. ) as well as a scan feature like in Metroid: Prime which gives you the opportunity to peice together lore and find out more about the tenno, the great war, the technocyte virus and how it ties together with the lotus and the current faction war.

2. Give parkour some love.

Thing that I can think of right now:

1. make wallruning less clunky and easily chainable. Should be able to go up and down during wallrun.

2. Warframes climb up stuff even faster so they don't break the high speed action of the game.

3. We can grab ledges like in batman: arkham *insert title here*. Ledge takedowns should also be added.
4. Rail running! ( Spiderman: shattered dimensions, Batman: arkham whatever )

5. Dynamic jumping over terrain. ( Obstacles like tables and ledges should be jumped over with various parkour moves. )

6. Better detection for grabbing ledges.

7. Sliding under or jumping over enemies. ( Sliding under jackal for damage could be a fun tactic for the boss. And distruptors could totaly miss you if you go under them. It takes about 2.5s for the enemy to figure out where you are. )

Note: I apologize for any bad spelling, grammar or punctuation used in this post. I will update this from time to time.

Edited by Lukap99

DE should pay more attention the critique of the fans, that's what suggestion posts are for. Plus this thread isn't "complete" enough yet. There are a lot of other stuff I could have mention, the reason why I didn't is because I couldn't figure out a solution to those problems. By the time DE are done with thier "super big projects" this post will contain enough feedback from a majority of fans to make it thier next "big project". Warframe is a fanstastic game, it would be a real shame if they screw up the final release by not listening to the feedback of thier fans.

Flashlights create a nice creepy feeling to the dark Infested levels, though. This effect would be completely lost if we switch to nightvision.

Very well. Updated. The nightvision works sorta like augmented vision. It's not mandatory, it just helps in very dark areas.