Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker Scaling

Morgax

Hi, recently i decided to do an experiment of sort, i was curious how would a new player fare in warframe.

My rules were simple: Start from mercury with braton/lato and cronus with unranked excalibur without any sentinel, using mods that i only found during my gameplay with excalibur and obviously no potatos/formas. And only SOLO

Currently i'm at end of Venus and noticed that stalker scaling is way off. Kilken defense mission which is 6-11 was relatively easy except that end of wave 3 Stalker decided to visit me.

Equiped with level 8-10 weapons and excalibur being 11 i was no match for level 29 stalker which essentially 2 shotted me in melee range.

1 mission later at Unda (venus 6-12) infestation gets invaded by corpus which yields instant lockdown, light flickering and stalker appears now in fully glorious level 32. I'm still with my starter guns.

You might say: BRING YOUR LEVEL 30 WEAPONS LOL. I could but that wouldn't sate my curiosity.

TL;DR: Stalker doesn't scale at all with your warframe/weapons nor with map he just appears.

So how he gets his level adjusted? Because it is clearly not designed for Solo/Rookie experience.

Stalker was never meant to be an easy kill. He should in "theory" always overpower you to some extent, but it seems he caps around lvl 45 or so. Before U8, Stalker was ridiculous, but thats gone and past. The days of lvl 90 Stalker dropping in with a Braton Vandal are just forgotten nightmares.

I think the stalkers just have a few levels, they scale on the criteria of the player fitting into a certain range. What that criteria is.....I dunno. I've had unranked frame and maxed weapons and gotten a lvl 45 stalker. Had a lvl 18 frame and lower lvl weapons and gotten a lvl 45 stalker.

Who knows. But as you said,you were willing to risk an encounter for curiosity, so meh. Otherwise always keep a high lvl weapon on you.

Indeed. My first two encounters with him were just disastrous -- I was 1-shot in the first encounter (not by his dash, just by an arrow to the knee face), and on the second one I barely managed to remove his shield when he killed me with arrows (I was on the box, of course).

However, afterwards I met him several times with my full-30 load, and by that time, a level 45 stalker was just food. He scales a little too well for a low-level player, and doesn't scale enough for a high-level one (and plus the fact that he can't do you much when you're on a box).

Edited by JustDont