Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grakata Riven: Critapha; Choosing a Riven | The 88th Armory Season 1 Final Week Ep 18, 19, 20, & 21 (Thank You! Fan Zone)

(PSN)chaos-SD

Hey Fan Zone!

I hope all of you enjoyed your holidays like I did.  As the final weeks of this first season of The 88th and State of the Frame wind down I want to put some thoughts out there on some lesser used weapons, that are also cheaper on the forma side of things, as well as just how we're thinking about Riven mods in general. 

So, here it is, the final episode of season 1!  Feels a bit weird that it's here now, BUT it was worth every effort, and I'm very grateful that many have jumped on for this ride.

For a long time I have wanted to talk about the Prisma Grakata, it's a favorite weapon of mine.  But with other things leaping to the front of my thoughts and the arrival of Rivens it was ironically pushed to the final episode of this first season. The Grakata is a nice mid tier weapon, not too much like it's big brother Soma, but not so unlike it either.  With some serious Riven love the weapon can become a true marvel.  While it is not a complete mod, the Critapha is definitely a great first step for the rapid spray assault rifle.  It pushes the weapon into constant Crit, while replacing a more suitable mod.

With the Critapha I wanted to emphasize the importance of choosing the right Riven mod, asking the right questions:

-What is my goal for the weapon?

-What does the weapon need?

-What mod will I be replacing?

Finally, I'd like to give a big hug to those of you in the Fan Zone who have not only watched, but subbed, liked, and even stood up for these shows.  They and this hobby of mine took their first steps and persist because of you!  I am deeply grateful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second to last weapon of the season is a pretty simple one, but another that is likely to be over looked, especially when one might receive a Riven for the pair of weapons, or even the single version variation. The Akbronco prime is another status shotgun, a secondary that when it receives a Riven, could have some real potential to become a high damage, fast TTK secondary. 

This dual pistol prime basically focuses on three things, status, damage, and reload speed.  Slash damage can help, and once you achieve two or even three out of the four you'll likely have a pretty solid riven in your hands.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The final Warframe I want to talk about for Season 1 of the 88th is Atlas, but with an AOE spin.  Atlas is a bit of a complex frame but not so much to explain the lack of presence I and others might see from him in missions.  Of course, me and mine don't speak for all of Warframe but even in a poll out of some 17k, Atlas was ranked 28th out of 30 Warframes on Mogamu's rankings list of last year.  There was a notion from Mogamu that part of this might be due to a lack of AOE out of the rock rumbler.

So, I posit the video below to counter this notion that Atlas doesn't have AOE :P  For those who cannot watch the notion isn't too complex, aiming for just over 200% range while maintaining roughly 150% strength, all while capitalizing on Atlas' larger energy pool as a methods for survival through Quick Thinking.

The first in line with this thinking is the Convectrix, a beam weapon that uses shotgun mods much like the Phage.  I think this is another easily over looked weapon as it is, and with Rivens arriving for shotguns it might continue to be overlooked because of how little the weapons is used.  Yet the Convectrix is a weapon that could gain from a majority of Riven rolls and seems like it could easily be pushed over a line it seems to skirt, into much greater power.  The cheap build I ride in this video, for now until we get shotgun and pistol Rivens on consoles, is a 2 forma cheaper build that achieves over 100% status per second to aid in it's persistent damage.

I think it's worth noting that I'm late in posting these final episodes of the season due to my new microphone presenting new challenges as well as that there is some additional rambling compared to usual.  This is because this series is meant to be kept up with, that doesn't apply to everyone, but the channel and those that want to follow the posted content are important to this endeavor, so updating and discussing the odds and ends of the series and channel are pertinent.  Thanks for watching, as always, and stay warm out there, Tenno.

Edited by (PS4)chaos-SD
Season 1, Completed.

• 2 weeks later...