Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Point System? Or Alternate.

VeronikaStripper

TLDR: Give us points from non-? alerts to spend on stuff we reallllllly want!

EDIT: Please upvote this and/or leave comments and let your voice be heard about this possible addition to the game!

Intro: I absolutely love the fact that there is an alert system. There are many times when I am unsure of what area to fight, or what I feel like doing. The alert system gives me a random purpose in which to defend the galaxy against the evil.

Reason 1: There are many alerts that only give credits. For example a mission on Eris that only rewards 2,000 credits. The vast majority of players will not even bother with them. (all of this is purely supposition based upon mine, and about 30 friends experience with alerts)

Reason 2: The alerts with the ? are always very highly sought after. There are many players that check some sort of information feed and see something like "Vauban Systems" happened at 3AM their time and are disappointed that they were not there to achieve it.

Suggestion: It may be a bit of work(the base coding for the market would assist in this), but I think over all that a system that allowed you to collect points to spend on items that are in the alert system loot table would make a lot more people feel accomplished when they do random credit only alerts. They could save up for that VERY ELUSIVE "Vauban systems", or even a "Nyx Helmet" that they have been dieing to get.

Basic Idea of System: For every alert that does not include a ?, include a 1, or 2 Barter Points(based upon difficulty). The system could run with prices perhaps in the range of 5-7 for an artifact. 7-10 for rare artifacts. 10-15 for a weapon blueprint. 15-20 for a regular farmable warframe piece(mag, frost, excalibur, ember.. Not including Banshee, Vauban, or future antimatter warframe). 20-25 for elusive warframe pieces(vauban, banshee, AMwarframe).

EDIT: It would be nice to also possibly use these points for very hard to get rare resources. I.E. OROKIN CELLS, that are used by EVERYTHING. :P

Conclusion: This would give players a lot more incentive to run the alerts that do not have a ?. It would also allow players not to have to go nuts about missing a particular alert they have been dieing for. This also eases the tension of the players that have run a boss 50+ times and are still looking for that one particular drop. Lastly, with this system you can keep the unique loot table for alerts a seperate incentive for players to play, and keep playing, even those that spent a lot of platinum and have already purchased most items with platinum. Along with the point system you could even slow down the amount of ? alerts out there, so that it does not feel like you are tossing too many free items out at people.

ALTERNATE: A simple yet very wonderful idea I had as well, was the ability to make platinum as a reward to rare alerts. Perhaps once or twice a day(was thinking perhaps at peak time in Europe, roughly 8pm GMT, and peak time in North America, roughly 9PM EST, which would make it 6pm on the west coast, still plenty of time for them to acheive it.) The amount wouldn't need to be a vast amount, perhaps anywhere from 1-2 platinum per alert, giving the player another way of getting something they need BADLY, like a catalyst, or a reactor, but it won't give it to them in a very speedy way.

Alternate conclusion: Just a nice little thought, if the above system seems completely off the wall. I would not incorporate both at the same time, that's a little TOO giving. ;)

Edited by valdrak

All sound like good workable ideas,it would also be useful to have an option to purchase those hard to get materials or common/uncommon materials with a good amount of those earned up alert points.I also do not see any reason why the alert mission should have the item marked as ? since we have twitter and third party aps that reveal the reward item. Might as well just have the alert reward exposed.

I agree with those suggestions. That would give more life to the alerts system -and the game in general- by giving players enough incentives to do alert missions that only reward credits.

Sooner or later, credits end up gathering dust and they stop feeling rewarding since you don't know what to do with them anymore, specially when you have been playing for a long time and you own or upgraded almost every weapon, warframe or mod available.

I agree with those suggestions. That would give more life to the alerts system -and the game in general- by giving players enough incentives to do alert missions that only reward credits.

Sooner or later, credits end up gathering dust and they stop feeling rewarding since you don't know what to do with them anymore, specially when you have been playing for a long time and you own or upgraded almost every weapon, warframe or mod available.

They did say that there is going to be something implemented in the future to take advantage of all those crazy amounts of credits that people have extra. :)

I completely ignore events with <7000 credits and no [?]. If there isn't some kind of reward, rep, or resource boost, why bother? I can get a lot more credits farming bosses, Xini -> void, or various other missions. I've got over a million credits at this point. No idea what I'm going to spend them on. I wish I could buy the Frost Prime Blueprint with credits. I've got all of the parts made, just no warframe blueprint.

To the alternate; no (insert rehash 'Plat is the lifeblood of the developer's' arguement here).

To the first idea: sounds awesome! Though I'd say increase both the rewarded points, and the point costs of the items, to make it a bit easier to balance, imo. And maybe add in some chance items, similar to the mod packs only instead of five, like 1 mod for 2 points. Or you can choose a specific mod for 10 points (if common, higher for others).

Though, this still leaves behind the problem of players too many credits...but *glances at OP* that's technically off topic, so meh.

To the alternate; no (insert rehash 'Plat is the lifeblood of the developer's' arguement here).

To the first idea: sounds awesome! Though I'd say increase both the rewarded points, and the point costs of the items, to make it a bit easier to balance, imo. And maybe add in some chance items, similar to the mod packs only instead of five, like 1 mod for 2 points. Or you can choose a specific mod for 10 points (if common, higher for others).

Though, this still leaves behind the problem of players too many credits...but *glances at OP* that's technically off topic, so meh.

One of the things that I do like that they do with the alert system is that they offer items that are only part of the alert system and cannot be acquired by any other means. I.E. Artifacts(which they plan to allow leveling of them in the future), Jaw Sword. They could easily place a seperate loot table to not include those alert special items.

The credits system was completely thrown off-balance with the addition of the huge credit income from Void missions. I love void missions, but I almost feel like they give too many credits, making them worth a lot less in overall value. To compensate for that DE has said that they have something planned for people that have extra credits, to give them more of a value, something to waste them on.

I personally find myself lacking mods to level up stuff like hornet strike, or serration, but not lacking the credits to pay, even though the fusion costs are insane.(it's no longer a chore to get credits to level up the super high rank stuff, which is nice)

I would love if they added this point system and make it possible to purchase any resource(of course at a high cost), or low mods, such as uncommon or common, perhaps even rare if they thought it was worth while.