Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual heats vs Nami Skyla

LobsterChan11

Question

5 answers to this question

sorry to break your dreams, but out of all the weapons you said i can only recommend the dual ichors.
If you want to go for good split swords, i'd suggest the dual cleavers or the dark split sword.

If you want to go for slide attacking, i'd suggest the atterax, since i got a way better range and is more fit for around attacks...

9 minutes ago, Tsampa said:

sorry to bimeak your dreams, but out of all the weapons you said il can only recommend the dual ichors.
If you want to go for good split swords, i'd suggest the dual cleavers or the dark split sword.

If you want to go for slide attacking, i'd suggest the atterax, since i got a way better range and is more fit for around attacks...

Altight thanks, you can probably tell Im still just a silly noob trying to wrap my head around the game. Thanks for the advice tho, Ill try to make sure to spend more time next time looking at more weapons

Allright* Autocorrect ; p

Edited by LobsterChan11

Hello Tenno,

I wouldn't go so far as to say "not to get" the Dual Heats or Nami Skyla but I would say that - 
They are Mastery Fodder. 
There are better Dual Swords to pick from.

So my recommendation would be to Build not to Buy. 

Get them to fully ranked up mastery and then ditch them to clear out that slot for something much better.

Dual Kamas Prime

Dark Split-Sword (specifically as Dual Swords, not Heavy Blade mode!)

Twin Basolk (these used to be mastery fodder and then DE actually buffed them and they're now pretty good)

Prisma Dual Cleavers (you can buy these from Baro Ki'teer when he has them for Ducats* or take your chances on Trade trying to buy them for Plat. Note that when Baro is not actually around with them on hand the Plat prices can skyrocket. So I'd highly recommend you either try to farm Prime Parts and convert them to Ducats so you can get them directly. Or at least try and be patient enough to buy them with Plat while he has them on hand for hopefully a much better price.

Other things to note there:

The "DKP" has a very high Slide Damage, so if you like that then you'll enjoy them.

The "DS-S" have innate Radiation, which is nice to have when fighting Grineer (and is actually nice against Corpus robotics). This also allows you to git up to 3 elements on one weapon.

"TB" has innate Heat which isn't too bad to work with and they have a nice Ground Slam attack. Crit is bad but Status is high.
- the build on these things is pretty nuts but if you build the 2 weapons needed and max their Rank, that's even more Mastery for you.
- and you'll be able to see if you like the Atomos enough to want to build one to keep.

The "PDC" have very high Slash and also an Augment mod. There're several ways to build these things. Once you get them you'll probably want to look around, check out and try the various builds for them and see what you like.  

And yeah there are also the Dual Ichors that were already mentioned too. They're really good Toxin based weapons with High Attack Speed, Crit chance and very high Crit Damage.
- Convert that Toxin into Corrosive and they'll shred Armor. 
- use that pure Toxin to shred Corpus (you can add Radiation to take down Robots)

OK, so hopefully some useful yet not overloading information there.

Cheers!
~R~

6 hours ago, Rolunde said:

Couldn't have said it better!

If you really love the design of a weapon or really want it bad, you can still get it and go overboard with forma-ing to get it to a reasonable level. Which i wouldnt suggest, since you're new

Edited by Tsampa