The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions for the Star Chart (With Pictures!)

Aearie

I think our current star chart is much better than the last one we had, but that doesn't mean it's perfect. So, here are a few suggestions to make the star chart better in terms of readability and functionality. It's also an excuse for me to use drawing tools.

For starters, it would be fantastic if the overview screen displayed the planet's resources when you hover over that planet. Currently, the only way to view a planet's resources is to place your cursor over the extractor button after selecting the planet, which makes looking for something in particular tedious. In addition, a button that would relaunch extractors to their previous destinations would also be a nice feature. Preferably the extractors with the most health if you own more than your maximum amount.

yJzL6L6.jpg

Continuing with extractors, the actual extractor "button" isn't one. You have to click on the box that opens to the left of it, which feels unnecessary. Sure, this isn't a big deal, but it's an unnecessary annoyance regardless.

n6EX4Ek.jpg

The nodes themselves could do with some unification. At the moment, nodes have all sorts of fantastical sizes and shapes, which makes the UI look unorganized and sometimes difficult to read. While uncompleted nodes look fine, completed nodes should have the same size and shape as each other, and should be enlarged a bit. Ceres, for instance, has a lot of very small nodes that can be difficult to see.

TJWxCjG.jpg

Phobos is a good example of my suggestion, though again the completed nodes should be increased in size.

fG7pocx.jpg

This is where we reach nitpick territory, though I feel I should still bring it up. Names of planets will occasionally cover up the path, which just looks untidy. Also, alert markers on nodes look a bit off center, and special missions can be difficult to spot. This is especially true for mission types denoted with a white icon, such as syndicate or Dark Sector missions. I'd suggest a black border around those icons to make them stand out a bit better, or perhaps change the node color around it from transparent to black. Perhaps a size increase as well (Or maybe I'm just going blind).

cQVL2ri.jpg

And since this mildly annoys me, the junctions that feature mod rewards overlap some of the mission requirements. The horror!

AiT5T0U.jpg

So in conclusion, this issue is clearly more important than anything else ever, and should be fixed with swift impunity. Thank you.