Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Events Need More Advance Notice

Kuhl-Ka

This is the second community event with unique items which was seemingly announced without a single email going to my inbox. I didn't see the Facebook blurb about it until I was already in a different state on vacation. Had I known there would be a Vandal and other rewards, I would have taken my laptop on vacation with me.

PLEASE start sending out email notifications at least the weekend BEFORE the event is supposed to happen and offer players a way to earn the special rewards (minus the obvious clan statue stuff) beyond noon today. I missed the last event (Fusion Moas) and am still grinding away at Tier 3 void missions trying to get the Frost Prime blueprint (have all of the parts) and Latron Prime Receiver (have the rest) to drop.

A single email to my account would have been enough. Instead, it seems like players are expected to check the website, Facebook, and Twitter accounts daily to make sure they don't miss an event like this.

Edited by Kuhl-Ka

A single email to my account would have been enough. Instead, it seems like players are expected to check the website, Facebook, and Twitter accounts daily to make sure they don't miss an event like this.

I just check the forums.

Knew about the event 3h before it started

Edited by Endrance

this event was announced the week before it happened on their video chat with the community, quit complaining about how they dont email you and if you followed everything you would have seen this, check the site more and watch their community chats more.

This event was announced in the News and Announcements on 03 July 2013 - 08:00 PM.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/72933-lotus-transmission-received/

Also it was announced on the livestream #9. May have been noted before that as well.

Having an option to be emailed about events ahead of time could be nice. But an option is what would be needed, I do not need more spam in my mailbox when I can already learn about events before they start.

Edited by liavalenth

This is the second community event with unique items which was seemingly announced without a single email going to my inbox. I didn't see the Facebook blurb about it until I was already in a different state on vacation. Had I known there would be a Vandal and other rewards, I would have taken my laptop on vacation with me.

PLEASE start sending out email notifications at least the weekend BEFORE the event is supposed to happen and offer players a way to earn the special rewards (minus the obvious clan statue stuff) beyond noon today. I missed the last event (Fusion Moas) and am still grinding away at Tier 3 void missions trying to get the Frost Prime blueprint (have all of the parts) and Latron Prime Receiver (have the rest) to drop.

"ADVANCE NOTICE"

Ha, this is beta.

"ADVANCE NOTICE"

Ha, this is beta.

Ha, Mechwarrior Online is in beta and they regularly send out emails (opt-in) to announce just about every major change to the game.

Why is it so absurd to ask for an email notification? Not everyone watches every stream and camps the forums. 

Exactly. I have a day job and am on about 50+ forums, most of which I check maybe once a week. Players shouldn't have to be constantly combing the forums and watching an hour long dev vblog to find out about special events. Ditto for the supposed 'Design Council' which only gets to vote on rather superficial additions to the game and they too get no email notification that a vote is happening, so you're expected to troll that forum just to make use of your $100-250 founder payment...

#emailnothard

#gamedevfail