Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Ideas] Continuing List Of My 'frame Ideas.

PettiTheYeti

I will be continuously adding Warframe ideas that I have in this thread. Some will probably have been talked about elsewhere, some hopefully will not have. Hold your flaming of a "dead horse" idea until you read through them all. Constructively comment where you would like. Thanks.

Melee:

Middle Weight class

Average-Fast Running speed (Between Excalibur and Ash)

Heavily shielded, Medium Health, Low-Mid Armor, Enhanced Stamina

Description:

Melee weapons will take primary or secondary slots. When using dual blades, pressing Primary/Alternate fire in certain sequences will change the combo used, and the damage dealt. No melee slot for "E" use. This will be used for direct "hit and run" fighting. Charging in, dealing damage, and running out to re-group. Can use different styles of melee attacks to turn around from group bludgeoning to single enemy engagements. Use of the Glaive or Kestrel can offer limited range attacks.

Skill examples:

1. Excalibur's Charge (To initiate combat quickly)

2. Excalibur's Jump (To reach other level tiers faster)

3. Volt's Speed (To run out quickly)

4. Ash's Blade Storm (For really large groups)

Note:

Yes, I realize this particular idea is a long shot, as it would required re-working the entire weapon system just for this suit. But I think a lot of players would thoroughly enjoy running something this specialized.

Support:

Heavy Weight class

Medium Shields, Medium Health, Heavy Armor

Average Running (Excalibur)

Description:

This frame will revolve around team support with deployable systems and a distance ultimate. Can take some direct fire, but is still somewhat fragile. Can deploy sentry turrets, Resupply points, and defensive barriers.

Skill Examples:

1. Volt's Electric Shield (Something for the team to hide behind/close off choke points against enemies)

2. Trinity's Blessing (Heal 50% of life/energy over time instead of 100% instance, also resupply ammunition)

4. Vauban's Tesla/Ember's Fire Blast (Distance launched device with explosive/napalm effects)

3. Loki's Decoy (Throws down a machine gun turret that will fire on the nearest enemy, and will take aggro from the team)

or

Loki's Radial Disarm (Allows the team some breathing room without being shot up)

Note:

I like the possibilities this concept would provide to a team in long, drawn out missions when ammo drops aren't working out for everyone's preferred weapons, and health drops are rare. The Decoy or Disarm would both be beneficial in crowd control, and the Grenade could do enough damage to make it worthwhile.

Universal:

Light Weight class

Low Health, Low Shield, Low Armor, Enhanced Energy, Minimal Polarizations

Fast running (Loki or faster)

Description:

Using a special Warframe that is capable of blending techniques and powers, the Universal frame will allow any and all of the other frame's skills to be used on one frame. The build of the Universal frame tailors it to stealthy, guerilla fighting style, getting in and out quickly to engage targets, or not being seen at all. While this frame has the potential to do vast amounts of damage, it's very frail nature lends itself to the epitome of the "Glass Cannon" phrase. The suit's ability to accept any skill has a downfall in that there are no extra polarizations available for additional "synced" mod tiles.

Skill examples:

All of them

Note:

This comes from me continuously getting skill tile drops for frames I didn't own. I think it would be an awesome idea to make a frame that can use all the skills in the game (potentially having four "4" skills would be insane), but to bring that into balance, this frame would need to be pitifully delicate. I think it would be a great way to provide a truly risky play style that some people love.

Opinions? Tweaks? Feel free to add on.

Edited by PettiTheYeti

I just thought of another one as well..

Gravity:

Light Weight Class

Low Health, Low Shield, Heavy Armor

Average-High Running speed (Ash)

Description:

With the ability to bend gravity to it's will the Gravity frame is a master of mobility and an impressive tactical benefit to a team. While low on health and shields, the heavy armor that usually slows down other frames is remarkably light on the Gravity frame, allowing great movement speeds. The Gravity frame can use it's abilities to drastically change the battlefield for itself and allies.

Skill Examples:

1. Float (Slowly float upwards while constantly draining energy. Using again stops the effect. Can slowly move in any direction laterally.)

2. Hover (Jump into the air and hold at that altitude, allowing you to cross large chasms without detours)

3. Invert (Turn the battlefield upside-down, flipping itself and allies onto the ceilings. This will definitely confuse enemies. Try not to use it outside.)

4. Fly (Picks up all nearby enemies and launches them violently into the air. Or the ceiling.)

Edited by PettiTheYeti

For the support, have you thought of maybe a shield or a skill to reduce/reflect shots back?

I do have Volt's Electric Shield suggested, as a deployable method, which could definitely be used to reflect incoming shots back towards enemies. If you are talking about something more like Rhino's Iron Skin, it could work on a personal level, but that frame idea is more for team support.

Hacker:

Medium Weight class

Low Health, Medium Shield, Medium Armor

Average run speed (Excalibur)

Description:

The Hacker can use special abilities to manipulate security systems, unlocking doors and storage lockers, disabling cameras, turrets, and laser barriers for short periods of time, and jamming alert signals before they are activated.

Skill examples:

1. Quick Fingers (Passive Skill: Most security check systems will start near completion for the Hacker)

2. Jolt (Small Electromagnetic Pulse blast, disables security systems such as cameras, turrets, and lasers within the map tile for 20 seconds)

3. Crack (Allows use of an enemy console to either open all locked storage containers on the map tile, or opens a door to a "hidden" area somewhere on the map)

4. Radio Bypass (Activate within 2 seconds after a security alert goes off. Will re-route the alert signals from the console and inject a "disregard" notice to the ships systems. Alert will not be responded to.)

Note:

Would be great for a stealth oriented build for manipulating security devices during a mission to avoid detection. Can keep an entire team well hidden with a skilled Hacker.

Edited by PettiTheYeti

Gore:

Heavy Weight class

High Health, Medium shield, Heavy armor

Slow running (Rhino)

Description:

Gore embues the wearer with an intense blood thirst. Able to feed on either his slain enemies or himself, this suit provides a rather barbaric play style akin to the times before Tenno (Lore friendly?). Can convert Health into Energy, and vice versa. Will use slain enemies as distractions and even weapons.

Skill examples:

1. Sin (Will damage a target for 50 Health, Converts to 25 energy. If there is no target, damages self for 60, converts to 20 energy.)

2. Atone (Converts 50 energy to 30 Health)

3. Skeleton Dance (Raises any corpses in the area to dance around the user. Enemies in the area slow down in fear)

4. Bloodbath (Violently throws enemy remains in all directions, dealing massive damage to any standing in the way. Restores 20 Health)

Note:

Not sure how well this could be balanced in the game, as it could potentially turn into a loop system allowing for massive spams. On the other hand, the skill set can allow for a lot of solo-ing due to the heals and the heavy armor.

Edited by PettiTheYeti