Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasion Mission UI Mechanics

DEATHLOK

Question

I don't know if my game is or is not corrupted, so please tell me how the UI is supposed to work when selecting an Invasion Mission.

Currently, I mouse over the Invasion menu, get a drop-down list of planets where missions are presently occurring. The display for the first planet on the list is expanded to include all available mission nodes for that particular planet. When I click on a node, the star map for the relevant planet pops up, but the node is not actually selected or even highlighted in any way. I have to remember what node I clicked (which I usually do not, because I'm paying attention to rewards, not node names), and click on that node from the star map's planet view. Then I get another pop-up asking if I want to play the Invasion mission or the regular mission for that node (which I already established, because I started with the Invasion menu!). After I select the proper Invasion mission, for the second time, I get another pop-up asking which side I want to support. After selecting one side or the other, the mission begins.

I always thought this was sloppy design. I should just be able to select a node from the Invasion menu and proceed to selecting a faction to support.

However....

A few days ago, I verified and optimized the game cache. For a few hours, the Invasion menu functioned exactly how always I thought it should: I selected a node from the Invasion menu, and immediately got to select the faction I would fight for. It was much faster. Unfortunately, after a few hours, the menu functions devolved back to the mess I described above, in the longer paragraph.

So I have to ask you, how does the Invasion Mission menu work? Because maybe I really need to reinstall the game.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet