Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Stealth Needs To Be Fixed

RustyNaps

Hi, I have been trying to stealth but for some reason it feels a lot harder now than it used to be then it hit me.

Digital Extremes hasn't set a muffle or a fall off for sounds enemies can hear like with us. If we move far away, guns will be quieter, if the doors shut sound will be muffled and quieter. This seems to be only implemented for players and not AI.

I was doing a test on a corpus map that had grineer in it. I snuck up to make sure the grineer were in a certain room then I moved VERY FAR AWAY to where I couldn't see them anymore. I meleed a canister and came back to their position, all the grineer in that room were suddenly alert. The same happens when only one enemy see's me and makes a run for the console, I shoot a paris bow which is a silent weapon and kill him, other grineer in distant rooms also become alert and home in on my position.

Implementing a sound range for AI would greatly improve stealth so you don't have to be that quite all the time for when something spots you and you need to make a quick shot before said enemy reaches the console. Ai hearing range should also be limited when a door is shut and you're clearing out a room and a couple of enemies are on the other side and a considerable distance away from the door not being able to hear a thing.

Comments are appreciated! 

EDIT: Also all other enemies should be on alert when the alarm is on! Not when only 1 see's you.

Edited by RustyNaps