Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee To Be An Actual Weapon.

BajiBunny

I'm not sure how the rest of the community feels, But I would love to have the Melee weapon be an actual weapon that would be held at all times, One of the main things that attracted me to Warframe was that you aren't tied to ranged combat, But it does take away from the experience of being an awesome Cyber-Ninja if I to spam my E-button. 

All I'm saying is, I'd like to be able to have whatever my melee weapon is to be something a bit more than just something that replaces the melee animation. 

I agree, as long as we have both, really. I like being able to whip it out at a moment's notice as well as just running around with it. Maybe we keep the basic attacks with our guns as-is, and when we take out the melee weapon as an actual weapon, we get a whole new menagerie of mechanics so we can have a much more in-depth melee system.

Edited by BioCharge

I agree, as well.  How do you do it though?  Maybe it stays out after you use it, until you push F to change to your primary/pistol?   I wouldn't want a separate button, just to equip it.  I'd rather leave it as is, then.  

the only problem is switching weapons. currently you switch with the f button but it would be tricky to do that with 3 weapon

I have my Weapon swap changed to the mouse wheel, It would be easy either way.

I agree, as long as we have both, really. I like being able to whip it out at a moment's notice as well as just running around with it. Maybe we keep the basic attacks with our guns as-is, and when we take out the melee weapon as an actual weapon, we get a whole new menagerie of mechanics so we can have a much more in-depth melee system.

I just find it silly that they have these trailers showcasing the Tenno doing all these fancy tricks with their melee weapons (namely the PS4 trailer) but they don't put more emphasis on Melee combat.

I have my Weapon swap changed to the mouse wheel, It would be easy either way.

I just find it silly that they have these trailers showcasing the Tenno doing all these fancy tricks with their melee weapons (namely the PS4 trailer) but they don't put more emphasis on Melee combat.

They had suggested changing the melee a bit, in the last live stream, but more of a temporary fix, than what was actually being asked for.  I think they said maybe just a buff to Pressure Point.  Which would work for me, a little more damage or perhaps chaining charged attacks (which was also mentioned as a possibility) but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Either way, if they make melee just as viable as guns/powers, I definitely want to be able to run around with my melee weapon for a whole match, if I feel the need to do so, without it auto showing my gun.