Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Puzzleframe: Informer Drone Experiences

gell

Let's solve puzzles! It's what I did yesterday during the event, and it was actually really fun.

My little clan has members that play every day (like me) and others who rarely play. One member, named Trent, had a few hours under his belt, but still just a mid level Excalibur, medium level Braton (not MK1), default Lato, and Cronus. He had no weapons to kill the Informer Drones... except his warframe itself.

After one map, we realized Trent couldn't use his weapons. He would use slash dash to hit drones he could get at least horizontal with, if not above (radial javelin didn't hit the drone, at least not the few times we tried). The slash worked best if started above the drone, though, as the frame falls very quickly if there's nothing underneath. As his clanmates, we had to help him out.

First, before we started a new map, we saw a couple drones in a big Grineer area. One was near a large pillar, so we had him wall run up (we had to teach him how to wall run), start a wall slide, and then dash outward. He wasn't good at this, but eventually got it.

Another drone was floating high up, but we found it was near a secret area so we dragged him up there and he slash dashed pretty easily toward it.

The map ended, and we changed frames. One guy went Mag, and I went Loki.

Mag's pull actually damaged the Drone so hard it blew up, so that was no good.

Loki worked quite well. Trent stood next to me, and as soon as I switch teleported with the drone, he would slash dash into where I used to be. Worked out very well, except: the drone was sometimes "obstructed" and I couldn't teleport it. It was probably due to being really close to the ceiling, and the game didn't want my head stuck in the ceiling, but that was worth noting.

Trent ended up getting 22 kills with slash dash, about half from the switch teleport and others from creative slash dashing. One was from a wall fling to slash dash combo. Once, there was a drone right under and to the side of a Grineer vent hole drop down (the kind you're supposed to wall run up if you ever find yourself in that room as a dead end). Slash dashing down the hole didn't work as the drop down was too fast; the dash would go under. We found that slash dashing right over the hole worked though: because the slash dash has some range to it, and the hitbox seems larger under the player than over his head.

I'm sure we could have tried other things, such as using a Vauban to make bounce pads, but it wasn't necessary. Maybe if he was a different frame. If he only had Loki, he would have been screwed.

Anyone got some interesting drone kill experiences to share? The puzzle element that came about was really fun for us, and a welcome break from repeated killing (which we still did before and after seeing a drone). It was both a test of Trent's amateur wall running skills, our cooperation with other warframe abilities, and our ability to show him how to reach a drone (we tried standing on the drones but they have juicy actor collision, not hard box coliisions).

I'll update with some pics later!