Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kela De Thaym Problem

Chaosrejin78

Ok, I noticed a bit of a problem when doing the event.  I picked this boss to farm the drones off of right, but when I was running the boss I ran across a exploit based on how the boss targets. 

Apparently if you lure the boss below the starting ramp, just past the stairs on either side, you can make her miss every shot.  You do this by running into the railing, since the boss targets where you would be at your current speed and not your current position, you make her miss every shot.  The saving grace for it is the roller balls, but those are easy to deal with.  That being said, the formula you use for that bosses targeting is flawed. 

Right now you have it set as a simple calculation where it fires based on where you should be if you could move, it doesn't have a limit on it or factor that allows it to hit if your position doesn't change.  That being said you need a slightly more complex formula based on three position set up.  X1=initial position X2=position where you would be if you are moving X3=From where Kela is firing from.  Right now you only have X2 and X3.  X1 becomes a factor if you are moving, but not changing position.  Going to test other bosses see if I run across this on any others.  If needed I can demonstrate the flaw so you get a better idea of what I am talking about.  D1 and D2 are the distance formulas.

Edited by Chaosrejin78

Don't bother too much with other bosses, those have hitscan weapons or guided projectiles AFAIK. Kela is the weak link because her missiles are neither. I did 22 Kela runs around a week ago to build Saryn, sidestepping her missiles is very easy. I'd personally give her missiles some kind of homing ability, or give her more abilities, like shooting a fragmentation bomb right above you which then rains shrapnel on you. Right now, Kela's only real challenge is her rollers... and now that she can only spawn three, it's not that much of a challenge either.

Hence they need a formula where if X1=X2 then fires at X1.  It's a Limiting formula with initial distance formula D1  and the formula they are using too calculate D2 set as the limits, this should prove to be correct limits for the Euler formula needed.  As opposed the current D= {Xo=Square Root((x3-x2)^2 + (y3-y2)^2 + (z3-z2)^2)}+ V(T) T=time it would take for the projectile to reach the position X3=(x,y,z)3= position of kela X2=(x,y,z)2= position of player will be at time of impact: in 3D spaces.  V is the velocity formula need to know when to fire the shot to hit V=sqrt(Vplayer^2 + Vprojectile^2)  Vplayer and Vprojectile=D/T with D and T varying on the time it takes for the player to reach the position and the projectile.  You need a D1 formula for like the one above only with X1=(x,y,z)1 as the initial limit to the limiting formula. So if D2=D1 then the solution to the firing position would be D1.  So the limiting formula looks like this D1-{D1(1-[x/D1])} with limits of D1 and D2 set for x.  This means that if D2=D1 in value, then D1 is selected.  If D2 does not equal D1 in value, then D2 is selected.

lol, looking at that post, some people won't get what I am saying, but I am hoping a developer/programer does.

Edited by Chaosrejin78