Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Ultimate Like Rhino's, Less Like Volt's.

neKroMancer

Problem with ultimate design is the fact that many of them deal flat damage which doesn't scale well with the game. No matter how good the power/mod combination, as long as it deals static damage, it will fail at some point of the game.

The recent change to Rhino is something I really appreciated. Mixing utility and damage into Rhino stomp is, imo, a step in a right direction in term of power design since utility aspect works regardless of AI level and difficulty while flat damage gives much needed support in the low/mid level play when your weapon is still crappy. This is the kind of ultimate that is viable in all levels of play.

So, Dear Scott, more ultimate like Rhino's and less like Volt's. Utility aspect for all ultimates for the win!

I know I've posted about this multiple times already but Vauban's vortex would be both useful as a utility and good for damage if they would atleast scale up the damage for it. 15 damage a sec is nothing to high levels and renders vortex ineffective. 

As per handiness with a touch of damage? Yes the ultimate for Rhino was a step in the right direction because it gave it a unique flare while making it useful for both halting purposes and damage. They should mark this as success and reassess the other warframe abilities such as making volt's open locked door by instantly disabling the panels or alarms.

Here I was thinking this thread would be about cast times. I hate using Volt's uber, and Banshee's uber to a lesser degree, because of how long you're stuck in that animation. It seems very silly that your frame is stuck there mid-air, defenseless, for a few seconds while enemies take a bit of damage. Rhino and Saryn both have fast casting ubers that don't feel like they interrupt the flow of combat.

Edited by Excitonex