Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick question about Volt

(XBOX)D34thst41ker

Question

I have a Volt frame I've been leveling up for Mastery Rank, and I had something weird happen that I can't explain. I was with a single friend in the Lua Crossfire Extermination mission, and we came across the Endurance test. I jumped into the circle of lasers to start the test, but partway through I decided to jump out to both recover Shields and try to get some of the plates flipped to fill the water tube. I therefore told my friend to jump in. Now, for me, my Shields decreased gradually; I was therefore able to stay in the circle for pa while. However, the moment my friend jumped in, he dropped from 700 Shields to 0 instantly. I don't have the slightest idea why my Shields decreased gradually while his evaporated instantly, so I am hoping that someone can give me an idea what is going on.

Also, how do you even complete the Endurance test? The laser plates on the ring can't seem to be shot to shut them down, despite people saying you can, and the plates on the walls don't give enough of an increase to the water level to complete the test in the time allotted. Not to mention that the person on the plate can't even hit the wal lasers at all unless they're right at the edge, and even then, it took far too many shots from my Latron Prime to even flip a single plate.

5 answers to this question

The ones on the wheel don't stop, and I've tried semi-auto weapons (Latron Prime) and full-auto weapons (Gammacor). They don't so much as twitch. And all the videos I've seen on YouTube say they're guides, but the video is just the uploader doing the test with no explanation of what they're doing. I've seen videos where they get lasers on the wheel to stop, but they didn't say what the weapon was or what it needed to be able to do, so I am unable to replicate their results.

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)D34thst41ker said:

The ones on the wheel don't stop, and I've tried semi-auto weapons (Latron Prime) and full-auto weapons (Gammacor). They don't so much as twitch. And all the videos I've seen on YouTube say they're guides, but the video is just the uploader doing the test with no explanation of what they're doing. I've seen videos where they get lasers on the wheel to stop, but they didn't say what the weapon was or what it needed to be able to do, so I am unable to replicate their results.

So from my experience, you don't need a mate but a tanky Warframe (that doesn't need abilities, like Inaros) and just stand there and tank the damage. Take a few Large Health Plates with you to keep your health up and just use em as you need em.
However, a friend can shoot the BACK of the Laser Plates to flip them and slow down the damage, although they flip back around after. A Soma or most Assault Rifles are good for the friend so they can just fire in the general direction of the Plates on the wheel and hit them as they pass, flipping them and ultimately reducing the damage you take (every bit helps). Just stand on the Pad for a while until the water fills up (I don't think there are any ways to speed it up) and away you go for the Endurance Drift mod. You CAN hop off the center Pad for a bit but not too long as the Lasers damage it over time. If it takes too much damage, then that's failed.

When you stay in the middle of the circle make sure you actually pressed the button there. You will know you are doing it right if the lasers change speed (IIRC they go slower if you pressed the button). Jump if necessary to press it.

Also try to stand on it a little off the center so some of the lasers will miss. Tanky frame is helpful but even squishy one with (primed) flow and quick thinking can do it solo. Just bring some energy and health pizza.

Your friend probably jumped exactly to the middle of circle so all the lasers hit him with full strength while you were standing slightly off (or maybe even without pressing the button). That would explain why he got a ton of damage while you not so much.