Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More/better Controller Support

Ch010

I am new to the forms and am not sure if this is the place to put this or if this topic has been touched upon yet, but I really think Warframe could benefit with full controller support in the menus. I put this in game play because what made me want to write this is the fact that Sprint/Roll exists for a option but I find it that it is a lot more difficult to actually sprint for longer periods. I would love to see a "Toggle to Sprint" option and a separate roll option(maybe utilizing button combinations.) But as on the topic of the controller aspect it is very frustrating to need to take my hands off the controller to do main menu sort of things. Also an option to either use the left thumb stick OR d-pad to move around in the in game menu, I have never played a game that has used D-pad for menu navigation and I think it is a little silly now that the thumb stick is a more natural thing for at least half of the controller gaming market. I understand that this might be for a ps3/ps4 controller layout but for computer this should have more options. As another addition I would like to see a utilization of the back button for mice that have it and controllers for all of the menus.

I asked about controller navigation for UI in the last live stream, and steve said hell yes, so i'm guessing it's in the works, just be patient :P.
I was so stoked when he answered because the stream was about to end and questions where shooting off like crazy!

Edit: my question was the last one :]

Edited by MylesShort

This is a fine fix for a beta but in the future I would like to see these things on the computer. I don't think I should have to use a third party tool to use a game that already gives some controller support. If it is going to be in there it should be done in a manner that feels comfortable to the masses allowing for a better user experience. Besides this is the time to change things not when you go to the PS4 but before you go to the PS4. Anyways great work with the game I play it almost religiously, like I said it was the new Sprint/Roll option that sparked this whole thing. at the very least could you guys look into fixing that please? It is frustrating to have to walk everywhere because pressing on the thumb stick continuously is obnoxious. The tap to roll hold to spring mechanic does not work as well as I think it was intended. I would rather not roll if it meant I could toggle to sprint.