Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion "escape" Mission

falcon2500

Hey,

I have an idea: a new kind of mission called "escape". I will keep it updated as I think more about it, if you have any suggestion, feel free to add them here and I will add them.

Goal: Escape alive as quick as you can.

How the mission would go: you start off in a jail, no weapons, no mods (which could be endgame content since you would have to be skilled to complete it). So, you're in jail, then the cell doors open, at this moment you have the girl (the narrator I don't know her name) that tells you "Hello Tenno I unlocked the doors, sneak on a guard and takes his weapon" (rough text :P). So now, the door is unlocked, you have to sneak on a guard and kill him so you can take his weapon(Note: all guard have different weapons, so you have the possibility to kill a certain guard to get a certain weapon and continue the mission with this weapon). After that, the girl talk to you again and says "Good job tenno, now get to the extraction point". At this point, you head to the extraction point like any normal mission(except that it's like a race and you have to get to the end quick enough to get the better rewards). While you're going to the extraction point, the girl could randomly add a random new objective "a side-mission" for you to complete (Note: this is optional, you have the choice to do it or not to do it, but be aware that you could get better rewards) (Note 2: this is all random, sometime you will get a side-mission, sometime you won't). After you complete the "escape" mission, with or without having done the side-mission(if it was offered to you this mission) you get your rewards.

Obstacles: the mission should include obstacles, hard to reach places, and locks you inside a room with a boss (that you have to defeat before proceding to the extraction point) (Note: that is why skills would be very important, crucial, since you have no mods, and a simple weapon)

After mission(reward): A "ranking" or "reward" list will appear telling you what rewards you got depending on the time it tooks to complete the mission and If you have done the side-mission(Note: a simple scaling system could be used for example: Gold ranking (2 minutes or less): A latron prime, silver ranking, bronze ranking, and so on, you get the point) + side-mission reward(if you completed it).

Variations or side-ideas: You are not alone in this mission, 4 other players are competing to complete the mission and the side-mission before you, the 3 losers gets no rewards while the winner gets the rewards of the 4 (the three other players + him)

Ideas from comments:
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Kerg: rewards based on if you completed the mission completly unnoticed. The weapons you chose for the mission are scattered around the map in weapon lockers that are more heavily defended as if they had been confiscated by the enemy. Then, if you choose, you can go get them or you can do the mission without them.
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Grandarex: 

Don't put emphasis on speed

If you put too much pressure on getting to point A to point B faster, you're essentially depressing the usefulness of a lot of the Warframes. For example, Rhino and Frost would be pretty useless in a race while Loki, Volt, and Ash would dominate this competition for reward. 

Instead of this, put emphasis on agility. Focus on obstacles that require skillful wall climbs, wall runs, stealth, etc. Not just speed.

Get rid of sense of competition for Reward

Nothing good comes out of pitting four players against each other for a common goal. Give all four players the same reward regardless, and encourage teamwork and cooperation. 

Leave players vulnerable

By giving them no weapons, you're leaving the players somewhat vulnerable - a situation that's unique to what we have so far. Let's keep it that way. Let the players choose from being tanky and increasing their chance of survival (Rhino, Frost, etc) or being fast and agile (Loki, Ash, Volt, etc)

Thank you for reading

Please pardon my english, it's not my first language

Falcon2500

Note: I posted it in the wrong place can a moderator move it to the correct place, thank you.

Edited by falcon2500

Cool concept. But what I wonder is should rewards be based solely on speed? What about escaping completely unnoticed? I realize that would be a scewed reward/challenge for the warframes that have invisibility but I think it would be cool to get a bonus for going completely unnoticed. We don't have any missions that utilize that mechanic.

Cool concept. But what I wonder is should rewards be based solely on speed? What about escaping completely unnoticed? I realize that would be a scewed reward/challenge for the warframes that have invisibility but I think it would be cool to get a bonus for going completely unnoticed. We don't have any missions that utilize that mechanic.

I like that idea, I never thought of that, thanks for sharing I added it under Ideas from comments and gived you credits. :D

Edited by falcon2500

I like the backbone of this idea. But here are some of my suggestions on this idea:

- Don't put emphasis on speed

If you put too much pressure on getting to point A to point B faster, you're essentially depressing the usefulness of a lot of the Warframes. For example, Rhino and Frost would be pretty useless in a race while Loki, Volt, and Ash would dominate this competition for reward. 

Instead of this, put emphasis on agility. Focus on obstacles that require skillful wall climbs, wall runs, stealth, etc. Not just speed.

- Get rid of sense of competition for Reward

Nothing good comes out of pitting four players against each other for a common goal. Give all four players the same reward regardless, and encourage teamwork and cooperation. 

- Leave players vulnerable

By giving them no weapons, you're leaving the players somewhat vulnerable - a situation that's unique to what we have so far. Let's keep it that way. Let the players choose from being tanky and increasing their chance of survival (Rhino, Frost, etc) or being fast and agile (Loki, Ash, Volt, etc)

Edited by Grandarex

I too like the idea of vulernability. You could make it something like you disarm the first unit and get a primitive melee weapon and that's the only weapon you get through the mission. Making it more difficult if you choose to fight your way through.

I like the backbone of this idea. But here are some of my suggestions on this idea:

- Don't put emphasis on speed

- Get rid of sense of competition for Reward

I agree with you 100% about the emphasis on the speed. About the competition, maybe have a choice to play competively or not? since I think having the choice is always better than not having it. Your last feedback kicked me in the nuts, this is 500% true, but to make it ressemble more of Warframe, I added weapons (I don't think players would enjoy playing with no weapon).

Edited by falcon2500

I don't think players would enjoy playing with no weapon.

I can see the problem there. Another idea when it comes to weapons though. What if the weapons you chose for the mission are scattered around the map in weapon lockers that are more heavily defended as if they had been confiscated by the enemy? Then, if you choose, you can go get them or you can do the mission without them.

I can see the problem there. Another idea when it comes to weapons though. What if the weapons you chose for the mission are scattered around the map in weapon lockers that are more heavily defended as if they had been confiscated by the enemy? Then, if you choose, you can go get them or you can do the mission without them.

+1 if player have the choice between the two I don't think there will be a problem.

All in all, a really cool idea falcon. I hope it gets noticed/picked up by DE.

Agreed. This game needs more unique game types.

This "escape" mission along with "survival" mode would be a nice addition to this game.