Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting A Game

Salculme

Hello Warframe community,

I've been playing warframe very actively for the last month and I absolutely love the game. Huge fan.

However, one thing bothers me and I was wondering if any others had the same problem. 

When in online mode, when you click on a planet you're instantly added to an already existing group if one is available.

I find this unpleasant, because it usually ends up giving quite some lag in the first couple of minutes, which can end up killing you if you're unlucky. Then, not exactly the same but still in the same mind frame, I also dislike that once you're done with the mission, you stay in that group and if anyone else clicks a mission, you're forced to either do that mission or leave the group. I know there is a vote system, however it doesn't seem to work. Right now I'm experiencing, and my friends are too, that whomever chooses a mission first gets his/her way. 

Is anyone else experiencing this or am I an exception?

I'd like some comments from people who've experienced the same and have some advice on handling it.

P.S. I know there's solo mode, but I like to game with others, however I don't want to be instantly dragged into an already ongoing game. I want it to start newly, in other words, I want to be put into a lobby with other people before starting the mission, and then a host gets selected on whomever has the best connection possibility for all other players to avoid lag issues.

Advice, tips, helpful comments will be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Salculme

If you go to settings, there is an options called "Region" and "Matchmaking Ping Limit".

Region is quite self-explainatory, just choose one in which you are.

MM Ping Limit connects you only to a host that has ping you setup there. Lower ping means lower delay and less lag (i use 100ms). Although this option will result in more hosts to be filtered out and less games to be found. Also its a momentary system, as some hosts arent capable of hosting more then 1 or 2 people with them. Its a way p2p gaming is and dedicated servers are not free.

Also you might want to try to changing ports from default to something else and see if it makes any difference to you in a long term (requires restarting a game).

Other then that, try disabling stuff like firewalls, antivirus, spyware software in case some of them are blocking your ports or restricting connection, if the problem is persistent. Enable it back up when they will have no result or after quiting Warframe.

"Right now I'm experiencing, and my friends are too, that whomever chooses a mission first gets his/her way."

If that's the case, why don't you just do private games with your friends? You'll be a much more effective team than random people online.

If you go to settings, there is an options called "Region" and "Matchmaking Ping Limit".

Region is quite self-explainatory, just choose one in which you are.

MM Ping Limit connects you only to a host that has ping you setup there. Lower ping means lower delay and less lag (i use 100ms). Although this option will result in more hosts to be filtered out and less games to be found. Also its a momentary system, as some hosts arent capable of hosting more then 1 or 2 people with them. Its a way p2p gaming is and dedicated servers are not free.

Also you might want to try to changing ports from default to something else and see if it makes any difference to you in a long term (requires restarting a game).

Other then that, try disabling stuff like firewalls, antivirus, spyware software in case some of them are blocking your ports or restricting connection, if the problem is persistent. Enable it back up when they will have no result or after quiting Warframe.

I've checked which ports are used by warframe and opened them for UDP connections in my router. I've set my pinglimit to 150 and have no firewalls or any other program that would disrupt the connection nor do I have any programs running that would drain the bandwidth. 

The lag issue only seems to arise in the first couple of minutes when connection to the game, give or take 2/3 minutes of serious frame by frame lag. Then it just starts running at a normal pace like it should.

My region is set on Europe, which is correct. Do you perhaps have an idea why the game would lag so bad for the first couple of minutes before adjusting itself?

Edit: I just noticed I had made a mistake in the ping settings, it was set on 250, not 150. I just adjusted it and tried 4 games, no lag. So never mind the lag issue.

Edited by Salculme

"Right now I'm experiencing, and my friends are too, that whomever chooses a mission first gets his/her way."

If that's the case, why don't you just do private games with your friends? You'll be a much more effective team than random people online.

My friends are not always online, so we do game alone at times and having teammates is nice, however that's not the main issue. The issue lies with the problem of "first comes, first serve" rather then the voting system actually working, which at the moment it seems not to.