Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Style Kills

musashi345

Style Kills

Warframe introduced itself being as a space ninja but other than the ability to parkour throughout the map, the not very rewarding stealth gameplay and some 'japanese-like' weapons, there's really nothing much to it.

What we need to add is 'Style' - and I mean what you see on your slash and hack games like DmC, Bayonetta and so on.

Following are some of my ideas while (I will try) trying to explain the concept and/or thoughts.

I will leave the idea if additional exp points to DE, all what I'm aiming for is the know/show/brag self accomplishment while doing such tasks

Style kills (I will say it now, style kills are not to be accompanied with warframe skills - this only falls for the ability of the player to interact with the enviroment while doing basic control of their frames)

As on how it speaks for itself, killing enemies w/ style. The game already implemented slide kill side mission wherein you need to kill specific amount of enemy while sliding (and I guess while wall running and so on)

Why limit this on that side mission alone? why not just implement it throughout the game itself (just like how it will show you how many head shots you got for each mission you did).

**some features as a variable on which are considered a style kill**

- Horizontal run kills

# of enemies you killed while performing the maneuver.

- Vertical wall run - jump to melee slam (there will be a specific rule on how to differentiate regular jump + melee slam, but that will fall into programming/coding - but doable)

- Jump kills (where you do a bullet time-like animation)

# of enemies you killed while performing the maneuver.

- Stealth kills (stealth bonus kill + style points? then again I will leave this to DE)

**can't think of anything anymore, please add what is necessary**

Style-chain kills

- You know those KILLING SPREE, AWESOME, BRUTAL info you see @ your HUD while performing combos in DmC and so on? well it's nice to see that on this game as well.

while I would really love to see # of hits I did on the enemy(ies), I'm fine if this will just show for the enemies you killed - /on a specific timer/

for example, I killed a grineer after doing a horizontal run + melee attack. A specific timer will tick on where it will consider another enemy will be 'chained'. Lets say the tick is 3 seconds.

To put it in action, Horizontal run + melee atk (1 enemy killed) *timer starts ticking* - then you do a bullet time jump and killed 2 more /HUD will show '3 kill chains' or to put it in a more badass way, HUD will say 'WICKED'-or something + the # of enemies you killed. Each kills will reset the timer set so you can continue your carnage but if you failed to kill someone on that timer - Chain kills will stop until you perform it again.

I will stop here and let the community add their own ideas.

My very point is that if we got something like this going for the game. It will indeed add self accomplishment for each game your playing. We can add style points just like how mastery points are but that's something for the community to discuss.

//edited as couple people see this as mandatory points added while performing it.

Edited by musashi345

That would be pointless. Ninjas kill fast and efficiently, doing 15 wall jumps and 360 spin kills is counter productive when it comes to killing. The only reason you should do those maneuvers is because it lets you be more efficient, not because you earn some kind of badass points.

Watch replays of past Q&A live streams then ask the mods to delete your pointless thread. In particular pay attention to the last which talked about the new "nightmare" mode that will have restrictions on how missions are played, timed challenges and more, all topped of by the inclusion of leader boards.

Seems like people are misleading this into something else. What I'm pointing out is if we can get the game acknowledges your capability of doing such task. The style points I'm talking about is just a minor addition for which can be totally neglected. Just look at this as how you see how many headshots you got per game....that's it, self accomplishment and nothing else. Of course there are bugs and  ton of stuff that takes priority over something like this but it would be a good addition as a game content.

To put another example, Tekken will show you # of combos/hit you did. It's a visual preference showing what you did and not something that should affect the game itself. That visual preference is very minor and offer little to no effect at all on the game - BUT major for the player as it shows that he just did something remarkable for which mindless hitting keys wont.

Watch replays of past Q&A live streams then ask the mods to delete your pointless thread. In particular pay attention to the last which talked about the new "nightmare" mode that will have restrictions on how missions are played, timed challenges and more, all topped of by the inclusion of leader boards.

I don't see any connection of this statement for this thread?

+1. The game can be played stealthy or all out rampage (and for sure the majority takes the latter). Another thread is already discussing how to improve stealth game play, but this would be a nice touch-up for warframe as you can consider this game 3rd person hack n' slash.

As per Rhorge opinion, this will actually serve a good introduction to force the player to use the environment. I can see youtube videos like this where this guy jumps around the room, slicing limbs one gut to another. If your trying to do a traditional ninja like gameplay.....its already there....called stealth play.