Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Make Singular Health/shield Restores More Useful During Combat?

Lugwy

I don't know if this topic belongs in Warframe Feedback or UI Feedback, so if a mod believes it's more fitting for the latter, by all means move it there after you read the contents first.

The small/large Health Restores and Shield Restores right now are rather cumbersome to use--well, at least for keyboard/mouse users; I don't know about the folks with the multibutton mice/consoles. The time it takes for a person to hold down Q (or whatever assigned button) and fumble around selecting the comestible in question while in the heat of combat is time for whatever's shooting/clawing/lasering you enough to resort to that to keep doing what they're doing to you with impunity (or at least while you're running like you're rehearsing for a Benny Hill routine).

Shield Restores strike me as particularly unhelpful. Shields regenerate outside combat, and under the circumstances that your shields are depleted to the point that you would use one during combat...well, see my rambling point above.

So I'd suggest to make them automatically consume themselves should your health/shields reach a certain threshold, and consequently, increase the cost of the restores greatly to compensate for their increase in convenience--for a number pulled out of hammerspace, say a small health restore would cost 5,000 credits/10 platinum, a large health restore would cost 10,000 credits/20 platinum, and a shield restore would cost 7,500 credits/15 platinum. Auto-use will consume large restorations first, and it will not apply to everything else, including ammo boxes and Team Heals (better left to player discretion on when to use that).

If implementing auto-use seems a bit OP straight off, then make it a Warframe mod of Uncommon/Rare quality with an inconvenient polarity (or make two mods, one for auto-using health, the other for shields), and increasing the rank will increase the threshold until auto-use triggers. For example, a base rank mod would trigger the warframe to automatically use a health/shield restore at 15%, and one with maximum rank would trigger at 30%.

Thoughts?

Edited by Lugwy

i just want to bind my inventory thats all.

you take about 3-8seconds just to heal yourself back up thats a win or lose situation mid-combat

hold Q -> search your well hidden mouse cursor -> go back down to the menu -> click on the stuff you want.

this just takes way too long.

Just allow the items to be set to hotkey 5 and 6 and there problem solved.

If I knew I could hotkey comestibles, I'd have already done it (and mentioned it).

Mind outlining how to do it? Not just for my benefit, but for the others who are as clueless as I am regarding this.