Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you progress the New Strange Quest?

TeKnoVkNg23

Question

I've read all the threads about "The New Strange" quest and none of them seem to cover the multiple issues I am having with this quest. The fact this quest is tied into unlocking a junction on the star chart just makes it more frustrating and I have to question why that decision is made especially when the quest has so many known bugs that have been around for awhile. If anyone knows of any way to skip this quest please let me know. 

Moving on to my issue. I go to Mars to scan the 3 elite lancers. I have the proper scanner equipped and the traps. The first target I find is bugged and only has 3 of the 4 capture points on him, I scan all 3 and it will not complete the scan, so wasted about 20 minutes there. Abort mission and spawn back in. Find another lancer, this one has all 4 scan points and I manage to scan it and it counts so I am at 1/3 scans. Now the real headache has begun. When I spawn into the mission now the scanner picks up the trails only to a certain point, normally a large room/node on the map and then the trails vanish completely. I have explored the entire map that I can see on my mini-map and do not find the lancer even with the scanner equipped. The trails simply go away and no longer lead me anywhere. I have tried another 4 missions just to see if it is bugged and the same thing is happening every single time.

Curious if anyone else has had this problem. At this point I'm about done with this game given how long it seems this quest has had issues and due to the fact I am blocked from progressing the star chart because of it. I don't even care about getting Chroma, I just want to progress and open Saturn and move on to the other planets.

1 answer to this question

I was fortunate enough to have done this before DE rolled out the changes to the star chart and making it mandatory for it to be cleared to progress. All I can suggest is to put in a support ticket with the issue:https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

If anything, it'll at least let DE know of the issue, and hopefully a response that will help you progress through the star chart.