Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone knows how 2FA works in warframe ?

_Medo_

Question

I want to change my email address so I contacted support and got the auto-reply but I didn't know about this part  : 

" Please note that with every email address change, we will also enable our Two-Factor-Authentication (2FA) on your account. This feature will provide an additional level of security to your Warframe account that is soon required on all Warframe accounts and will help prevent unauthorized access. We therefore cannot disable 2FA again after we have activated it. Please know that this requires you to use a valid and trustworthy email address. Thank you for your cooperation! "

so, anyone did this before ? how does 2FA (Two-Factor-Authentication) work in warframe ? will they send me a confirmation email every single time I log in ? will they ask for a phone number and send SMS messages with codes included ? 

2 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Loki1211 said:

They only send you a 2FA e-mail the first time you log in on a new system.  I have it enabled on my PC account, and haven't gotten a 2FA e-mail for it in a long time.  They also only use e-mail and not SMS.

oh ... I thought they send one every time you log in 

Thanks !