Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hacking

Drifter11

Hi all,

One aspect of Warframe that I'd love to see expanded is hacking (you know, the timed puzzle you have to finish to shut off an alarm) . Not only would I like to see a larger variety of hacking puzzles, but also an increase in significance.

For instance, hacking could be used for:

-Controlling cameras

-Controlling turrets

-Unlocking red lockers

-Unlocking previously inaccessible areas

-Hacking an individual or group of corpus units, or other drones/machines

-Hacking grineer body parts or weapons to malfunction

-Hacking a piece of machinery in the environment that causes an environmental hazard to enemies

-Discovering and finding a map marker of a secret area

There are many possibilities. I'm sure the community could come with many more. I think of games like Deus Ex, Fallout, and Vampire The Masquerades: Bloodlines when it comes to this. In those games, some quick hacking yielded some satisfying, although not game-breaking, results.

Getting information and lore were also a part of hacking in those games, which was great, but I can't see that fitting in this game unless some kind of single player aspect were introduced....or maybe that could show up in a way similar to ranking tests.

Let me know what you guys think. I think this could be a wonderful addition to an already great game. If we can get some support, maybe the devs will take notice.