Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana Finishers not working on Infested, intended?

INQBUS_11

Question

So... I am aware that Nikana-ryu weapons cannot proc finishers (stealth finishers, ash fatal teleport, etc.) on Infested targets.

I was wondering if this is a bugged issue that is to be fixed in the near future or... If some melee weapon types are intended to work differently when finishing certain targets (for diversity/different functionality purposes maybe?)

3 answers to this question

It's technically not intended, but it's not due to a bug or anything. The animations for a lot of Finishers simply don't exist yet.

For example, most melee weapons can do finishers on Moas and Chargers from behind, but not from the front. Some weapons don't have animations against these enemies at all.
I haven't used Nikanas in forever, so I don't know which animations exist and which don't... but I assume your finishers aren't working against Chargers, right?

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

It's technically not intended, but it's not due to a bug or anything. The animations for a lot of Finishers simply don't exist yet.

For example, most melee weapons can do finishers on Moas and Chargers from behind, but not from the front. Some weapons don't have animations against these enemies at all.
I haven't used Nikanas in forever, so I don't know which animations exist and which don't... but I assume your finishers aren't working against Chargers, right?

Um technically all the infested??

But I assume that it will take a very long time for DE to create or fix the animation for nikanas right? considering how long they've taken in the past to fix actual bugs and issues?

19 hours ago, ASH_BLUE said:

Um technically all the infested??

That seems weird. To my understanding, Runners and Ancients all use the same "humanoid"-type Finishers as Grineer and Corpus units; so if you can perform Finishers on Grineer/Corpus, you should have no problem whatsoever against Runners/Ancients.