Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for advise / what to do next

HereticRabbit

Question

Hi

Im looking for some advise in how to get past this wall i seem to have hit in warframe.

iv played on and off since when excalibur prime was available to buy and over the years iv got 500 hours played on warframe and im master rank 14 now.

Iv got alot of frames and iv used alot of different stuff but i feel like im stuck at the mid game and not really getting anywere. iv got most of the warframes and i often play them till 30 and then go back to ash or rhino prime and thats it really. so im looking for some advice on what to do next or where to go. what frames and weapons to use and maybe what mods to farm to get to the end game (iv never done a sortie?)

Fav Frames - Ash prime. Ember Prime, Frost Prime, Rhino Prime, Mesa, Nidus, Sayrn Prime, Valkry Prime (whats a good frame to focus on for end game stuff?

Fav Weapons - Soma Prime, Ingis Wraith, Dread, Tigris Prime, Hema, Boltor PRime

Melee - nikana prime, galanatine prime, orthos prime

iv also got 1700 plat if that helps to buy anything i need?

so basically im asking what i should focus on / upgrade to become my "best" set so that i can use it for serious missions and higher level stuff?

Thanks for the help

2 answers to this question

Have you completed all the planets, planet nodes and juctions? Are you done with all the quests? Have you opened/refinded some void relics lately? Have you collected all the Ayatan Sculptures for your ship decorations (and/or trade)?  Have you maxed your Sydicate reputations for some Syndicate weapons and mods?  Have you maxed your Cephalon Simaris reputations? Have you bred any Kubrow, Kavat or Infested Charger?

Those are just some things you can work on to enjoy the game even further.  You'll eventually get the mods/prime parts you need along the way or at least get some stuff that you can trade in for to get the mods/weapons you need.

Once you get your warframes and weapons maxed and optimized, you can take on any Sortie mission which can be fun and challenging.

Not sure if you've done The War Within quest to unlock Kuva missions.  Kuva will be helpful if you eventually get the Riven mods as rewards from Sorties to (hopefully) make your weapons even stronger.

Good luck and have fun, Tenno!

Spoiler

P.S. Or you can just give me your 1700 plat so you need not worry about them anymore. :laugh:

Edited by (PS4)Feox_PH

Different tools for different jobs.  Here are the frames every high level player ought to have:

1. Frost for doing Frost stuff

2.  An invisible frame for cheeseing spy missions or rushing through objectives

3.  A crowd control frame: Vauban, Nyx, Nova, etc.

4.  A high damage output frame: Mesa, Mirage, etc.

5.  Nekros for farming

Some other optional stuff: 

A tanky frame: Rhino, Chroma, Inaros, etc.  Not really necessary 

If you play sortie every day, you'll want a max duration Limbo to cheese defenses.  If you always want to be welcome in a raid party, get an EV Trinity.

As far as weapons, in general for high level content Area of Effect/Explosions > Shotguns > Spray and Pray > Precision.  There's always exceptions, but killing mobs quickly is important.

For sortie, you'll want to build up at least one of each weapon type with multiple forma and rivens.  (Rifle/launcher, Bow, Shotgun, Secondary, Melee)  

The key to power in Warframe is mods.  Start with the basic damage mods: Serration, (Primed) Point Blank, Hornet Strike, (Primed) Pressure Point; the basic warframe survival mods: Redirection, Vitality, Steel Fiber, and the basic warframe stat mods: Intensify, Streamline, Stretch, (Primed) Continuity.  Rank them up as high as you can.  Then look up specific builds and see what mods you need to finish them.

Edited by (XB1)ThermalStone