Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts On Vor?

Boomstick720

Hey guys, just wanted to see what everyone's thought were on the new Vor.

I already stated my thoughts on him in another thread (which I'll copy paste here).

I think the boss should be a significantly higher level than the other enemies, but not like level 125 on Mercury.  Otherwise we might start seeing bosses on pluto at around level 500 or so, and that would be insanity.  

However, overall I do like Captain Vor as a boss.  He is currently a bit high leveled now, but I like how his attacks aren't like basically paper cuts, and actually can significantly hurt you at a low level when fighting him.  I also like how he uses the cronus in CQC, summons enemies when he is getting #*($%%@ up, and uses the occasional strong attack when he has suffered some damage.  In terms of design, I really like him, because he isn't really that difficult, as all his attacks are easily dodged if you are mobile, but his attacks can be punishing if you stay in one place.

Is he difficult for newbies?  Yes.  Oh very much yes.

But in all honesty, I would rather have the boss feel... well like a legitimate "boss" rather than a really buffed out enemy.  In other words, if given the choice between two extremes in this area, I would rather vor be too difficult over too easy.  In this respect, while vor is certainly difficult now, I do like how basically all his attacks encourage one thing- movement.