Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Mastery Rank = Higher Aura Cards And Eventually Multiple Cards

Majicebe

Rather than taking away from our precious mod slots (to the point where none of my most-used Warframes can even use an Aura/Artifact due to maxed-out mod slots), I propose we have mastery ranks actually mean something.

For every Mastery Rank you increase, allow us a point that goes directly towards the Aura slot, and make all the cards start at using 1-slot, or require *better* Aura cards take slightly higher slot points.  Every Mastery Rank up allows you to fuse either your 1-slot card to a higher level, or use a different 2-slot card.

For Example:

Mastery Rank 1 -- would provide you the ability to use a lower-level (1-slot) Aura card (let's say "Enemy Radar"), but then after you've played long enough...

Mastery Rank 2 -- would provide you the ability to use a mid-tier (2-slot) Aura card (let's say "Rejuvenation"), OR you can fuse your 1-slot Aura card into a 2-slot Aura card which obviously would double the effectiveness of the 1-slot card (increases range on "Enemy Radar" or something).  After playing much more, you level your Aura cards up to the point where eventually you hit...

Mastery Rank 5 -- Would allow another Aura card slot to open up so you can now either put a 5-slot Aura card in, or a mix+match of 2/3, 4/1, etc.  No idea what the max rank or level for Aura slots would be -- maybe a next card every 5 Mastery Ranks or something.

I personally like that idea a lot, as it would certainly encourage an overall goal (and purpose) to reach higher Mastery Ranks, rather than just a status symbol as it is now.  Just an idea, and overall I think Update 9 is crazy awesome.  Nice work, DE.

I agree with this idea. It gives more depth to the current mastery system at the moment since all it does now is give access to better weapons. Considering that people are complaining about the current aura system, this idea will retain the artifact system from U8.