Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Internet Dropping

elitetrollz

Question

hey. idk if this is warframe related but i need help. my wifi on my pc is always turning off, then on again. always happens 5-15 min everytime. this results me to disconnection of squads and mid-game matches like lor....

internet works well. my phone and from my mobile is running wifi fine except my pc....

anyone who is a pro computer guy here? pls help. cant play warframe properly like this ;'(

1 answer to this question

That sounds like a problem with your computer, probably not Warframe at all. It could be any number of things -- I can't tell you for sure without knowing a great deal more about your setup. It could be hardware or software -- I would guess checking software first. It may be Warframe's port settings are conflicting with another software. It could be your antivirus software or some driver was recently updated and caused a conflict. It could be a bizarre quirk caused by too many wireless devices in close proximity. (I myself had some odd problems with my wireless mouse when I left a tablet between it and the receiver.)

My first guess would be the port conflict issue I mentioned above -- my husband and I play Warframe together and we had to tweak settings to avoid conflicts, as we're playing on the same network, and if he hosts games we have problems, but if I do, we don't. (Yeah, we're still trying to figure that one out.)

I would first try restarting your modem and/or router. Check your software settings, especially if you have a software firewall as well. Check any software you recently installed, especially anything that requires a net connection like Warframe does (you would not believe how poorly some MMOs get along with each other). Also, don't try to patch one game while playing another, they definitely don't play nicely with each other, especially if you are experiencing bandwidth throttling from your ISP.

If you have had any "suspicious" problems with your computer lately (running extra-slowly, weird browser problems with unexpected pop-up ads, etc.) you may want to check if you picked up some malware or viruses that's tagging along and messing with your stuff. You may need to do a safe mode boot and scan everything to make sure it's okay.

Good luck!