Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are dojo server sided now?

SoulEaterReaper

Question

6 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

some people are arguing in my clan about dojo being server sided now, like the tenno relays.

so its not the first player to join dojo that becomes the host annymore?

yes, dojos are server sided

4 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

seems DE is having server issues already.

On 3/24/2017 at 3:46 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Dojo Changes

Dojo sessions are now hosted using the Relay system!

This means that Dojo sessions will be no longer be handled with the Host and Client method, eliminating potential host migrations or other host-related connectivity issues. Clan members will be able to invite other Tenno to the Dojo and leave without forcing their invitees out as well.

For performance’s sake, the Instance limit for Relays also applies to this new system. You and 49 other Tenno will be able to visit the Dojo at the same time before another Instance is created, and any modifications done to the Dojo will still propagate across each Instance simultaneously.

As a result of these changes, “Host” will be removed from the Clan Roles list since any and all Clan members will now be able to access the Dojo at all times.

Trading in the Dojo now works similarly to trading in the Maroo's Bazaar where players can "set up shop". The trading post still shows all players in the Dojo with trades remaining for the day, but Players can now start a trade from the Trading Post or by interacting with another Player who is in trading mode.

Duelling will use the original Dojo hosting system, where it will create one session for the duelling Tenno. Players will be able to trade in the Duelling Room, but not during a Duelling Session. 

And the problem is that since they're server sided now there is no accurate movement representation any more, at least when you're based in Europe. You don't see anyone bullet jump any more, people just "walk on air" and the movements are nowhere near accurate either. I wish we could get an option that allows us client hosting when we want to, because my clan members and me have a decent enough connection quality so that it never caused problems for our small clan. It is absolutely impossible now to align several people for some coordinated choreography or other moves to capture on video reliably. This is a huge pain in the rear.