Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 9 Was Rushed And I'm Not Happy With It

krisp

it is open beta, they can't test everything themselves. We have to help them test it. the term "beta testers".

You know I've played in a few betas, and this one is quite different. Let me use a wellknown game as an example. I will use World of Warcraft. The beta gave you free access to the game, but there was always an ingame button for feedback. After it's future patches were open to player-testing on the patch servers. There you could try almost all new content, with everything you'd need provided (max lvl charcters, arena gear, free talent reset and so on).

However in Warframe any new patch is thrown at the players with no real or clear indication on what the Patch will entail and on Top of that we have to provide everything ourselves and might even pay to test some things. This doesn't seem like a beta to me.

If DE wanted us to test out new guns, why don't we get them for free for like two weeks and then when they are properly balanced they get removed again (I was never sad to "Loose" my test server character because I Never put any work into him - I could actually try New cool things and then get them for real on the live servers). Then we can always provide feedback, but nobody has to whine because there would be a clear distinction between live and Beta Parts of the Game.

Edited by Wojek

At the very least, Lore implementation has been something Steve has been talking about being in the works since before Update 7.  Steve said as soon as Update 7 rolled out that they intended Lore to be in U7, but due to time constraints would need to be left back until a hotfix.

2 Major updates later, and we get a few paragraphs of writing. None of the promised "Explore the terrain for lore fragments", or any derivative that incentivises exploration.

I really like DE. Their past material has been awesome, Warframe is awesome. But come on. This isn't something that for all it seems could have been in the works for a weeks or so. This is freaking 4 or 5 months worth of time spent sitting on an idea that simply hasn't been implemented in any remotely interesting fashion.

The UI is something I expect will be cleaned up, once they get past the main menu tweaks and fixes that will be necessary. I hope.

I am just sick of trying to farm some simple bosses and getting killed off of level 40-50s

Why did they have to scale up every single world I wouldn't mind if they just did it to the higher level worlds (Pluto,Europa,Eris etc)

I don't know how new players are going to cope in a game where if they manage to make it to earth they have have to spend hours farming up to frames just to be able to do the first mission.

I hope that they manage to make the world levels lower.

Edited by SwagHamsterSausage

It would be better to have a 1GB download now, then to have a 5GB or 8GB download later. Better to be kept busy now, than to be bored and playing other games now. better to keep that cash flow now, then to do nothing.

Update 9 in increments>Update 9 as a whole

Gandalflol.gif

Quote not related, but felt like quoting it.

@OP, I agree with your points and I too was very surpised that they relased the big update as soon as they did.  I know they said something about haivng a new warframe every month, but I felt like this update was a bit too much.  Personally, here's what I thought of it and how it could ahve been.

They should have simply split the various aspects of it, into mini-updates, like, 8.4, 8.5 , etc. In a 8.4 update, they could have done many things, fix bugs, cap clans (possibly inact resources being scaled),, and thats it.  The enxt update, should ahve had all new weapons and items added, and in the update after that, the new tiles and maybe new UI.  Then, and only then, could they have had the 9.0 update and add the new warframe, the new enemies, and the new system changes.   Although many o fthe bug fixes were great and a nice little boost in overall performance for the game, I felt like the update as a whole, was a bit too soon and should have been split up into minor updates.

Quote not related, but felt like quoting it.

@OP, I agree with your points and I too was very surpised that they relased the big update as soon as they did.  I know they said something about haivng a new warframe every month, but I felt like this update was a bit too much.  Personally, here's what I thought of it and how it could ahve been.

They should have simply split the various aspects of it, into mini-updates, like, 8.4, 8.5 , etc. In a 8.4 update, they could have done many things, fix bugs, cap clans (possibly inact resources being scaled),, and thats it.  The enxt update, should ahve had all new weapons and items added, and in the update after that, the new tiles and maybe new UI.  Then, and only then, could they have had the 9.0 update and add the new warframe, the new enemies, and the new system changes.   Although many o fthe bug fixes were great and a nice little boost in overall performance for the game, I felt like the update as a whole, was a bit too soon and should have been split up into minor updates.

It would be better to have a 1GB download now, then to have a 5GB or 8GB download later. Better to be kept busy now, than to be bored and playing other games now. better to keep that cash flow now, then to do nothing.

Update 9 in increments>Update 9 as a whole