The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading market is going downhill fast

(PSN)willitical

5 hours ago, JalakBali said:

There are no market manipulator because it's very hard if not impossible to scale the market's depth. You can't manipulate an open, night market where there's no restriction who can sell, what could be sold and for how much. But it is very much possible to manipulate a stock market when it's listed and everything is easily observed because the only limit is how much capital you have to use to manipulate the market.

You seem to mistake "market manipulator" with "people haggling and getting good deals". People finding opportunity or finding or selling items for great prices are not manipulators. Manipulators are the people who artificially inflate or deflate prices on a global scale. For instance, if there's a market listing then someone could see how many of the items are available to sell and at which average price. He could buy up all of the available stock (with enough capital) and then monopolized the market for that item. You can't do that if you don't know how many of this item is still in the market because not that many are willing to sit in trade chat and monitoring a chat room for a long time.

I understand what you are saying. But we're not dealing with something as big as the actual stock market.

Lets scale it down...There are those who sit in the trade chat and observe. Now when I speak about manipulators, i'm not speaking on something on a grand scale as the stock market. 2 different worlds. lets stay in this one. There are ppl who CAN actually and DO manipulate the trade in this game. They literally troll the trade window. They'll put tidbits of prices out there to reel players in. after a certain point, it becomes the norm. Cuz when a player sees another player selling it for that much and making profit, then so can they. So a mod that should cost no more than maybe 50p becomes 150p. The grand hustlers of this game knows their craft. They will work with other players to inflate or deflate prices. They are so good at it now that majority of the players don't even know its happening.

Look at it like this.....why do we buy plat? What is the basis on how much plat I should have?

DEsire!

This game for all intents and purposes is free to play (F2P) but DE sets a price on certain items, makes certain things readily available, and creates limited items which makes us susceptible to desire. Its smart on their end. It gives them the revenue to create and improve things for us. How much is most Syandanas going for? How much are the stock warframes going for? how much for a catalyst? how much for forma? Octavia dropped...200 something plat for her.....about the same as a vaulted PRIME warframe. How much for an original arcane helm? If ppl didn't complain about them so much, then they'd still be in the game. But I bet they had no problem profiting off of them.

We have prices to base off of. And if not, players can easily inject their own prices. Argon Scope is worth how much? Does anyone really know its true value? But it can be sold for dumb high. I have 7 Argon Scopes that I will never use. Its serious when you sit there and decide if you should go buy lunch and dinner or buy this mod.