Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Tiles Aren't Fun

Biscuithammer

So I've run across two tiles recently that require platforming to get past. They are especially confusing given the mini-map and the poor platforming controls and frankly don't seem possible for certain Warframes to accomplish if they don't have the right powers. It's fine if you want to make platforming missions their own thing so you can prepare ahead of time. But please don't force us to do that kind of thing if we don't want to deal with it.

Edited by Biscuithammer

May I ask which tiles you are referring to? I have a feeling one is on the grineer galleon, its a circular room with a bunch of spires in the dropped of floor in the middle and you have to wall run all the way around up 3 different levels? If so that is not the way to go, when you look at the control panel on the bottom level, to the left of it there is a set of staircases in the wall that you just have to walk up, I think the wall running is just a more stylistic way to get up.

May I ask which tiles you are referring to? I have a feeling one is on the grineer galleon, its a circular room with a bunch of spires in the dropped of floor in the middle and you have to wall run all the way around up 3 different levels? If so that is not the way to go, when you look at the control panel on the bottom level, to the left of it there is a set of staircases in the wall that you just have to walk up, I think the wall running is just a more stylistic way to get up.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the room that is the room. The mini-map doesn't give you much (any) indication that you can go up that way. So I did the most obvious thing and tried to wall run it. Which is frankly not fun with a Rhino.

Edited by Biscuithammer

The issue is the "signs" (white paint on wall) that tell you how to do it are also confusing, it's some strange multi-tiered doted line that most people end up just trying to jump to the highest point missing the short segment you are meant to jump off from. In one mission I was the only one who could figure out how to complete the room.

Over all the tiles are really cool and I love the requirement for more wall running and such to complete but I think they need a once over to make the solution more obvious. Oh and heavy frames have a major disadvantage without a speed mod.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the room that is the room. The mini-map doesn't give you much (any) indication that you can go up that way. So I did the most obvious thing and tried to wall run it. Which is frankly not fun with a Rhino.

Just an FYI, you can get up with Rhino. Because the walls are curved, you're able to jump out of a wallrun and start a new wallrun on the exact same wall, and doing this gains significant height.

I really enjoy movement in games, and I enjoyed figuring it out with Rhino :P