Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Parts Need A Home

notionphil

Ok, we get it, the RNG works to extend playtime via Operant Conditioning (slot-machine effect). Thats fine...but with 6+ prime BPs and probably near 20 parts dropping in the void, we're looking at almost 30 individual items that drop from the same general 'thing'. We have very little ability to affect which drops we get.

I know this isn't an MMO, but some gaming conventions like having a certain pathway to a specific reward are applicable cross genre.

Why are Primes so utterly RNG dependant? Hint, the answer isn't "bc that makes them harder to get". Make them harder  to get by putting them behind challenging content. Even tying each weapon to a specific mission type would be better, like T2 EXT always drops Bratton Prime parts/bp. Sure, maybe the barrel is a rare drop. But it will always drop a part.

Giving players the ability to control and affect things makes the game fun. Overcoming challenges, balancing risk and reward is what makes us want to play. Making us wander around with our fingers crossed isn't a substitute for challenge, or fun!

I was fine when the only Primes obtainable from Void were Frost, Reaper, and Latron, but with the addition of Paris, Fang, Braton, and Orthos it seems a bit too much.

I guess I'd be fine with it if perhaps the parts dropped as uncommon/rare resource pickups in Void areas, and I only had to do multiple Void runs for the BP.

Solution Idea: Replace the individual parts of each weapon with normal materials (or a new void specific set of materials) and only have it reward the blueprints for the whole item upon Void completion.

Solution Idea: Replace the individual parts of each weapon with normal materials (or a new void specific set of materials) and only have it reward the blueprints for the whole item upon Void completion.

I was fine when the only Primes obtainable from Void were Frost, Reaper, and Latron, but with the addition of Paris, Fang, Braton, and Orthos it seems a bit too much.

I guess I'd be fine with it if perhaps the parts dropped as uncommon/rare resource pickups in Void areas, and I only had to do multiple Void runs for the BP.

either of these would be preferable ideas to the current situation.

If things were a little less RNGy, it would be cool if we got the barrel from one specific boss/mission, the receiver from another and the stock from a third. Each would be a rare-ish drop. But one big pool of RNG, that simply can't be the solution here.