Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Difficulty

Moonunitz

So I played a few Nightmare Nova missions today, pretty disappointing. I didn't like how easy it was, both on solo and in a group.

What I think should be done to make this more acceptable:

Nightmare mode being a setting that you can use, turning on various buffs/debuffs for small increases to drop rates/etc
For example you can select half shields for yourself and enemies have double health and shields, by selecting those disadvantages you get a bonus 2% drop rate on mods, resources and credit rewards as well as a random bonus mod at the end, the rarity of the bonus mod is random, more buffs/debuffs increases the chance of getting a rare bonus mod.
Basically you make the game much harder for little reward making it more of a challenge for those who want a challenge without making it extremely easy to get rare mods or resources.
All enemies increased in level to at least 60+ regardless of the mission.

The daily Nightmare rotation:

Make this similar to the current way it's set out, however you have to select it seperately from the actual mission. This could either be your Nightmare mode + more debuffs/enemy buffs or a preset ruleset similar to how they operate now. They can offer completion rewards just as they current ones do and are repeatable as well.
This would make them optional and potentially more challenging than they previously were. Since they are optional the level of the enemies could be set higher and buffs/debuffs much stronger.

Current Buffs and Debuffs:

Vampire: Too much hp regenerated by killing enemies, not enough drained per second.
Perhaps increase the amount drained to 2-5% around enemy units and only 1% if none are nearby.
Reduce the amount regenerated by killing enemies.
Change to hp reduction rather than actual damage, currently is easily abused with the Rage mod.

Timed: Reduce starting timer, reduce time gained per kill.

Low Gravity: This is fine, the only improvement that could be made would be less velocity lost when in the air. It's currently too similar to normal gravity and should be a bit weaker considering that there is less resistance.

More Buffs:
Enemies deal bonus damage.
Enemies take less damage.
Enemies more resistant to certain types of damage.
Enemy's health and shields doubled.
Enemy level increased. ( to 100, 110, etc etc )
Warframe damage reduced.
Warframe Spell Locked. ( No spells allowed )
Warframe Energy Drain. ( Energy constantly drained at decent rate 2-5 per second, perhaps a couple seconds delay after picking up mana )
Warframe health and shields reduced.
Warframe maximum/starting ammo pool reduced.

So basically I would like more hardcore options that are 100% optional so that people who don't want to play the game in hardcore mode don't have to. I don't want the drop rates much higher if at all, maybe add some ranking to make it competitive. The last thing I'd want is for people to only do hardmodes for extra loot. Though making increased loot drops on hardcore defense makes sense. Speaking of which, make infested drop rates on defense much lower than Corpus and Gineer.

I feel like this is a good idea because I want a challenge and I'm sure many others do as well. It doesn't change the gameplay experience for casual players in any way. It gives more options for hardmodes so you could choose which buffs are applied. Adding hardmode ladders would make it competitive, rank measured by kills/completed/boss kills/completion time/etc.

What are your thoughts, etc etc.
Message me if you want a direct reply, I won't be coming back to this thread because I won't be able to shut up if I do.

Have a great day - Moonunitz